Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airfit F20 Headgear Washing Frequency?
Airfit F20 Headgear Washing Frequency?
The instructions for the Airfit F20 mask say the mask should be cleaned daily and the headgear should be cleaned weekly.  I understand cleaning the mask daily, but washing the headgear weekly seems excessive.  I keep my hair clean so there should not be much oiliness getting into the headgear.  When I do wash the headgear and lay it out to dry as instructed, it takes at least two days to dry, and then I switch to an old headgear.  I suppose it would dry quicker in a desert climate.  I'm just  wondering what other people are doing with their F20 headgear, and whether any ill effects could arise from washing it less often.  Also, has anyone tried putting the headgear in a clothes dryer?  BTW I'm not interested in getting a drying machine for my CPAP equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit F20 Headgear Washing Frequency?
Clean things as you see fit. Some parts I've never bothered to clean, just using until replacement time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit F20 Headgear Washing Frequency?
I have ResMed AirFit F20, F30, and F40. The cushions are removed and washed about once a week. Just some hot water and some dish soap works great. I then use a paper towel to dry.

The headgear gets washed the same way, but I do allow it to soak in a sink for 20 min. or so. Hot water and dish soap. And, I also use my hands as an agitator. 

I also use Clorox Anti-Bacterial wet wipes on the cushions and frames as needed. They are very handy and any lingering scent dissipates quickly enough. 

After washing the headgear, I use some paper towels on them and they dry quickly. The hot water also revitalizes the elastic straps and brings them back to life. 

Bottom line is, that I don't overthink keeping them clean. I've never found any need for any kind of a drying apparatus for my CPAP headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 10 2,047 10-04-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Need Help...Possible problems with Airfit 10 Ryd4Life 2 276 09-11-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Ryd4Life
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 382 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 25 7,456 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Equipment] P10 headgear changed? Dangerous Dave 12 1,984 08-16-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dangerous Dave
  Slight Mouth Leaks With Nasal Pillows Airfit P10 - Change Mask? stevesleep 6 493 08-08-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port asterisk 1 308 08-05-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.