Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remote power button?
RE: Remote power button?
you might be able to get away with a SwitchBot to mechanically press the on/off button for you. i use one of these for my espresso machine and it works great (and can even be integrated with HomeKit if you buy the switchbot hub). the only problem i can think of is that that airset 10 isn't exactly flat on top so it might be hard to mount.

https://us.switch-bot.com/products/switchbot-bot
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting, I shall have to throw that little tidbit of knowledge, in my imaginary basket of electronic/electrical spare parts to assimilate into future automation projects.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remote power button? (my solution)
Hi folks,

I just wanted to post my final solution to my "remote button" challenge.
Placing the CPAP in the overhead compartment had drawbacks, such as where to run the hose and how to ensure good quality air intake. Not to mention astetics.

I ended up building an add-on shelf to the one provided in the motorhome, just big enough for the CPAP. This keeps it in arms reach so I can use the built-in button. I need to add a command-hook to the pillar so I can hang up my mask.

Take care

-John
Post Reply Post Reply
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP power post hurricane PeaceLoveAndPizza 2 159 09-27-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  NOTICE: "REPLY with Quote" button - Don't use it if you don't have to SuperSleeper 3 17,049 09-02-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Power button Airsense 10 venomous duck 5 368 08-05-2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
Thumbsup Tampa FL forgot Resmed Power Supply at home Jerzasnore 13 522 07-14-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Power Supply Backup. What do you all have? Little Olive 13 816 07-03-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Proprietary ResMed A10 Power Connector Electrical Details Snoopy.pa30 26 8,939 07-01-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Arthurlive
  Backup power options for CPAP machines terp1984 48 17,249 05-03-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: terp1984

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.