Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Battery covered by insurance?
Battery covered by insurance?
Has anyone had any luck getting a battery for their CPAP/APAP machine covered by their health insurance? 

I read on this website that primarily sells batteries (I guess, because of their name) that batteries are not considered medically necessary and are not covered.

Interested to hear people's experiences if you tried to get them to cover it, whether successful or not.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Battery covered by insurance?
I was told by Medicare that unless my CPAP battery was essential to my imminent survival, it did not meet the requirement of a life support “medical necessity” and the battery was considered a non-reimbursable accessory.

However, some utilities may have battery programs for critical outages during power failure events. You might want to check with them.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 11 Battery Backup sptrout 6 249 Yesterday, 03:13 PM
Last Post: LyndMc
  [Health] redoing my sleep study: weight loss, medication, etc. and insurance? human 1 143 09-15-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: human
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 12 4,629 08-19-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: mufitcakir
  Back up Battery Problem Kimb 3 301 08-01-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Equipment] Insurance Caribou007 2 227 07-24-2024, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Portable CPAP/APAP battery life JPOPS 10 595 07-08-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Diagnosis] Is any fully at-home sleep study covered by insurance? sleepwaker 1 325 07-07-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.