Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Still Having Issues With Hose Placement
Question 
Still Having Issues With Hose Placement
Hi All,
Even though I participated in a home sleep study quite some time ago now, and was diagnosed as having sleep apnea even though I've never actually trusted the sleep study that I participated in due to waking up throughout the night to make sure the device was showing a green condition. I was then setup with a cpap machine which has been paid off for quite sometime now. I've never got used to the hose placement since I've had the machine, I move around through the night and I have an issue with the hose allowing me to switch positions as the hose tends to get in my way. Does anyone have a system as to an ideal method as far as hose placement is concerned ? Just for reference here's my cpap equipment information:
Machine:
Philips Respironics-Dreamstation
Mask Type:
Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model:
Resmed-Airfit N30
Humidifier:
CPAP Humidifier Heated-Item ID E0562
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still Having Issues With Hose Placement
Do you currently use any of the CPAP hose hangers available?  If not, besides the dedicated hangers, there are tricks like using a 3M mounting hook on the wall in conjunction with either a bungee cord or retractable keychain.

For myself, I use an articulated arm model for home and a collapsible on for travel.

Images courtsey of Amazon

For home use:
[Image: 71FgvcaKPtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

For Travel:
[Image: 71p61abEGfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape,
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond back to me, I wasn't even aware that anything like what you described existed. It looks like these items might possibly be for sale on amazon or possibly some different websites, just looking at the items I think they would be beneficial for me and would enable me to get an even more relaxed sleep than I'm presently getting.
David Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I ended up purchasing this item as I feel like it will be at least better than what I currently have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AL7...UTF8&psc=1
Post Reply Post Reply
Did getting a hose stand help your sleep? I'm wondering if a stand would help with my mask leaks?
Thanks,
Mavis
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used a hose stand for years and found it has help me immensely. I also went to a longer hose (9 or 10 foot) which gives you a lot more flexibility in the routing of the hose. I Use a F20 FFM and don't have problems with the seal or getting tangled.

I you have a high headboard (think mission-style) or don't mind putting a heavy duty hook in your wall, you can save money and use that. We found a wire unit (think big bag tie) at one of the home DIY places that my wife looped around her side of the head board and runs her hose through it. I use on to attach my hose buddy to the headboard so it doesn't move around.

Homer
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't imagine not using some form or fashion of a hose hanger. I fabricated my own. It sits atop our headboard and drops down to my ResMed AirFit F30 mask. 

I'm a side sleeper and the hose hanger accommodates my every move.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Homer and Big Guy!! Will definitely give it a try.
Mavis
Post Reply Post Reply
Davy, I have been using the same hose holder you just bought for several years. It works great!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hose sliding off mask Dawei 16 15,123 Yesterday, 11:58 AM
Last Post: amx1966
  CPAP issues after tonsillectomy + septoplasty bloom25 15 1,802 07-25-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
  [CPAP] Rebreathing Issues Geri Monsen 21 2,491 07-22-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  I’m new! Humidity issues… tdpcpap 6 245 07-16-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Shortest hose or Adapter? ryans081 0 122 07-10-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: ryans081
  Any issues with Apria Healthcare? Rblum100 17 2,950 07-04-2024, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Question about Inhalation Issues itchy365 7 319 07-02-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.