Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help with dry mouth
help with dry mouth
I have been on CPAP therapy for about 19 months and I have noticed dry mouth has been more and more of a problem.  Anyone have any suggestions for dealing with dry mouth syndrome and what can help mitigate the effects?     I am a mouth breather and wear a full face hybrid mask (under the nose).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help with dry mouth
I too, am a mouth-breather and am currently using an AirFit F30 mask. Dry mouth has been an issue and pretty much just assumed it was part & parcel of the process.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
although xylitol is now thought to be bad for you, there are these things called xylimelt that can help. it's a tablet that has kind of a liquid-activated glue on one side; you tuck it up above your teeth and hold it there for a few seconds and then it stays. during the night it dissolves slowly and whatever is in it encourages your mouth to make saliva.

i think there's also something called biotene that you can rinse with before bed but i assume it doesn't last as long as xylimelt.
Post Reply Post Reply
I experience dry mouth, but not as much as I used to. I got a flatter pillow, so my jaw doesn't drop as much. I now wear a loose cervical collar, which also keeps the jaw from dropping open. For an emergency, I use Biotene gel. Squeeze it in, in the middle of the night. It works long enough to get me back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're correct Joe, Biotene does not last at all. Xylimelts work very well.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth Taping Dave77 4 152 10-06-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Dave77
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 32 1,355 10-05-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 21 1,189 10-05-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  is the answer to this data mouth tape? p4ncaketim 3 185 10-03-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Mouth Tape Trick for Wimps (like me) Deborah K. 36 4,547 10-03-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 14 1,637 09-30-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Started noticing dry mouth in the morning BionicSpud 13 360 09-29-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.