Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Everything's Great Except My Leak Rate!
Everything's Great Except My Leak Rate!
I've been on CPAP for about 5 months and doing great overall with mostly ideal AHIs, zero/low leak rates, etc.  However, I recently started having higher leak rates and I have no idea why.  

Here is a screenshot from last night (July 8th) and one from June when I had zero LR:

Last night:

June 19th (for comparison):

The only thing that changed is that I switched from Medium to Large nasal pillows a few weeks ago because I felt like I was starving for air when using the Medium.  The Large fits well, feels much better and I've been sleeping more deeply, but I guess this could be contributing to the higher LR?  Also, my headstrap is getting pretty worn but I've tightened that up a bit.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Everything's Great Except My Leak Rate!
You still have a 0.00 leak rate on the left panel, so I would not worry about it at all.  If the large is more comfortable then stick with it.  All is well. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
So I don't need to be concerned about the 95% and 99.5% numbers?
Post Reply Post Reply
No. Look at the 0.00 up higher, just above the Clear Airway report. Those other numbers are all way below any level that could interfere with your therapy or comfort. You're doing great!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, great to know and thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
One other possibility that I encountered, a hairline crack in the hose. By sheer accident, I was moving the hose when my hand experienced air movement where it shouldn't be. The crack was small enough that it would only open up when I had turned to a different position. I have no idea how long it was like that.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will definitely check into that, thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Heart rate spikes SleeplessKnight 12 309 07-25-2024, 03:10 AM
Last Post: SleeplessKnight
  Help with diagnosing flow rate Babshill 4 156 07-24-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Sudden Unexplained Increase in Leak Rate lygodia 9 402 07-22-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: lygodia
  [Treatment] What should a normal heart rate graph look like during sleep? vHungry 7 327 07-17-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 117 4,730 07-17-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Z2 increases pressure on leak; ResMed 11 doesn't SkySleep 7 218 07-13-2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: SkySleep
  Flex Setting Adjustment and Leak Rate grzkar 1 162 07-13-2024, 10:54 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.