Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FLASHAIR W-04 (Did I kill it?)
FLASHAIR W-04 (Did I kill it?)
FlashAir 16GB wireless LAN card install.  Tried to follow instructions but something went South and it did not install.  When I try to re-do it it says: Problem writing to FlashAir W-04 card. Please check if the card is properly inserted, is not full and is not write protected.

Is it Killed? Unsure    Or is there a work around..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FLASHAIR W-04 (Did I kill it?)
If you can read the card in your computer I'd save the file in to a folder on your desktop and reformat the SD card. If the computer can't read it the card is probably bad.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2018, 08:08 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: If you can read the card in your computer I'd save the file in to a folder on your desktop and reformat the SD card. If the computer can't read it the card is probably bad.

I copied the card contents prior to the attempt.  Thinking about reformatting card and putting original contents back on it, then removing and reloading the Toshiba program fresh on the computer before trying again... but I thought it might be wise to inquire before surgery Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
There are system areas on the card that we don't have access to (the actual WiFi operating system.)
I believe the Toshiba utility will do a complete and proper reformat/refresh of everything.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The toshiba software can “Reinstall” the firmware select reinitalise card it did not cause any issues in my case.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a card - plain package (OEM).  Installation I found on the internet may not have been be the best.  Any ideas where to get more detailed instructions?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
On your PC Download the Toshiba Flashair tool from http://www.toshiba-personalstorage.net/w...date02.htm make sure you download the correct software for your card model.

Run/install the software insert the CARD in your PC and repair/reflash the card
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 01:52 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: On your PC Download the Toshiba Flashair tool from http://www.toshiba-personalstorage.net/w...date02.htm make sure you download the correct software for your card model.

Run/install the software insert the CARD in your PC and repair/reflash the card

Actually that was what I tried.  The FlashAir 16GB card will install the software loading tool then ask for the SD card and to select the drive.  Then 'update' says (because the card version cannot be confirmed)  to remove and insert Using the Safe Remove Hardware and click 'OK' then asks to Update Card Software.  Then it says remove and insert Using the Safe Remove Hardware and click 'OK' again but this time the SD card will not be recognized by the computer again.  It will then FAIL!

Have removed the program, rebooted, and reinstalled several times.  Reformatted the card and installed a copy of the original content several times in repeat tries. Going through the process it does the same thing each time.
I believe the cute little card smoked itself! The only 'proof' I can think of is to try an install on another computer Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure your card is not locked. If you are able to view hidden files and folders, you'll see the SD_WLAN folder. if this folder is not present, create it and in that folder you create a file called CONFIG. This contains the setup for the wireless functions which you can get from plenty of other posts on this forum.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Spent an entire day researching and trying this and that and it still is not recognized.  Not so sure the wi-fi part even works. 
My opinion at this point ( Thumbs-down-1  who cares?) is that for what good it can do when working properly is probably NOT worth the time and effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toshiba FlashAir SD Card, Mac (M2), OSCAR Setup Help WarDaddy427 0 193 08-07-2024, 03:25 AM
Last Post: WarDaddy427
  Toshiba FlashAir on Mac Notes mtwomey 12 2,736 06-29-2024, 09:36 AM
Last Post: risherwood
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 1,178 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 25,217 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 101,203 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 1,033 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 655 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.