Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20?
Question 
Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20?
I have been using the Resmed AirFit N20 and have been having good results with it. However, I know allergy season will be here soon and I'll most likely want to have a full face mask in reserve. I'm looking to buy the AirFit F20 mask, however, I wanted to know if I needed to buy headgear for it or not, (just trying to save a buck). It looks like the headgear for the N20 mask and the F20 mask is the same, but it's hard to tell online. 

Any information would be appreciated. 

Thanks - James
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20?
To my eye, they are indistinguishable and identical. I get seasonal allergies but just use Flonase or the equivalent, and that keeps thing open for use with nasal pillows. I find the pressure actually helps to open nasal passages and clear any congestion. Nasal pillows apply air more directly and do not put pressure on sinuses along the side of the nose.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, I hadn't thought about that. I was addicted to Afrin for about 10 years but finally kicked the habit a couple of weeks before my titration study, realizing that the sleep techs were probably going to frown about me removing the mask to use nose spray. I had gotten so addicted to it that I was having to use it every couple of hours during the night (and day). Unless a doctor tells me otherwise, I don't ever want to use Afrin again. I'll pick up some Flonase and give it a try. Thanks for your input and for the recommendation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flonase does not build a tolerance or addiction. I can use if for a couple months and discontinue without noticing it once the allergy source has resolved. I have not seen any difference between the brand name and the generic fluticasone propionate. I buy at Costco or Sam's and get the .62-ounce dispensers rather than the .5 ounces for much more money at the drug store. Right now I'm using Kirkland Aller-Flo.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this true? If yes, then I’m even more excited about trying my new P10 tonight. Sinus pressures from my nasal mask has been an issue for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 9 1,814 09-15-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: mintjberry
  Need Help...Possible problems with Airfit 10 Ryd4Life 2 138 09-11-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Ryd4Life
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 276 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 25 7,155 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Equipment] P10 headgear changed? Dangerous Dave 12 1,906 08-16-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dangerous Dave
  Slight Mouth Leaks With Nasal Pillows Airfit P10 - Change Mask? stevesleep 6 446 08-08-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port asterisk 1 251 08-05-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.