Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas.
RE: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas.
Have you tried mouth taping?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, but I will eventually try it if you think EPR is causing the CAs.
I tried fixed pressure, these are the results (i still woke up quite a lot during the night):
PS: below Ramp Pressure the other settings are:
1) Ramp time: 5 minutes
2) Response: soft
3) Smart start: on
4) Temperature: 27 degrees
5) Temperature enable: auto

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I can add the fact that with a full face mask (full of leaks unfortunately) I had almost no CAs but a lof of Hypopneas. 
I suspect the pillows are inducing my CAs but it's the only mask I can use easily and it's actually helping me even psychologically because my nose breathing sux and with that I feel more at ease.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2024, 02:58 AM)Preparedinho Wrote: No, but I will eventually try it if you think EPR is causing the CAs.

I believe you will have fewer CAs with EPR off. 
Males generally do better with the Standard response than the Soft. I suggest changing it. 
[color=initial]During ramp, you have no treatment; hence, turning it off is better. 
At tube temperature 27 and humidity 4, I feel the moisture is too low, and my nose and throat are drying out. I am using humidity 8. I trust you could increase the moisture to 5 or even 6; it can reduce your nasal congestion and might reduce your flow limits.

Do you prefer CPAP mode instead of APAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am trying to self titrate and the goal is reducing the events the more I can + having no more arousals/awakenings + regularising my breathing.. 
At the moment I'm trying with CPAP instead of APAP yeah, just a test. I'll go like that for 3 nights. If it will be bad I'll try to use MAD again, or I will try smth else.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I tried fixed pressure again (9) but these are the results. I don't know what to do more. I feel like crap in the morning and crashing in the afternoons.
I am demotivated.
Maybe I'll try to go back to 8-20 APAP mode, it was better apparently.. or just luck.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe APAP is more beneficial. You can improve the results you posted on 08-09-2024, 02:09 AM, by the following settings:

Mode APAP
Min pressure 9.6
Max pressure 11
EPR off 
Response standard

In addition, you need to reduce the leaks because they compromise your treatment and probably contribute to your CAs as well. You should try a different mask if you cannot fix the current one. 
Mitigate your nose congestion with nasal spray and tape your mouth. 

You need a bilevel instrument with trigger control if your CAs do not reduce over a few weeks.     
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I have news. I tried to sleep with fixed pressure of 4 to see if I was having more events (basically for understanding how many events I normally have) and surprisingly the events were LESS! However I felt worse in the morning AND in the afternoon, also my gf told me that my night was more disturbed. 
I don't know if this is meaningful or just data from a random night but I felt like sharing. 
I will try the pressure range you told me for a few days to see how I'll feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your LAST nights post, your flow limits are quite high. Flow Limits ARE apnea they are just not as long as O or H events.  You had flow limits ALL night.  To control FL we use EPR and yours is turned off.  I would suggest you use EPR set to full time and set at 3.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I do have problems with that.. I will follow your advice but I'm starting to get crazy ahaha.
Last night I had annoying mouth leaks, I'll tape that down.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transitional/sleep onset apneas after years of PAP gaspsalot 10 411 Yesterday, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Feeling Worse After Successful CPAP Use kaizer989 10 357 09-16-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Months of CPAP use and feeling more fatigued senseisaitama 4 170 09-15-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,966 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  LAB sleep study help - feeling hopeless and lost georgesadam 5 192 09-13-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: georgesadam
  Treatment Emergent Central Apnea mikesj 13 670 09-09-2024, 07:10 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 140 13,020 09-06-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.