Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed Mirage Quattro
ResMed Mirage Quattro
Hi,

I have been told to go to a full face mask recently. I have tried the Resmed Airtouch F20, the Phillips Respironics Full Face Mask,  and the Simplus by Fisher and Paykel. I can’t stop the leaks in any of these three. I have read that the Resmed Mirage Quattro , one of the first full face masks is very effective at stopping leaks. Has anyone used that model, which is very expensive, but is still manufactured.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Mirage Quattro
I've not used that one, but the ResMed F20, and 3 Fisher and Paykel, Simplus, Vitera, and now the Evora Full. Each of those F&P worked great for me with light to moderate tension.

On any mask, if you go tighter, it'll probably leak more not less. It will squash and distort the seal, opening up more leaks.

Make certain whatever you use actually fits well. Try to get mask fit packs with several sizes in one. Also pay attention to adjusting the mask in the right order, and again avoid too tight.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response. Good advise.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used them for quite a while, and I was happy with them. Their unique feature is the ability of the user to regulate the pressure the mask's sealing exerts on the nasal bridge, where most of the mask causes blisters.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Thinking about trying Mirage Liberty kingpin 7 1,351 08-07-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 628 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41
  Mirage FX Vs Eson 2 mask jblkiller 0 644 07-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: jblkiller
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 662 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  Mirage FX mask: Wide or Standard HappyCpappySmile 0 755 08-24-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: HappyCpappySmile
  RIP Quattro FX dave1013 5 1,042 08-16-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: dave1013
Surprised Mirage Quatro Cushion cleaning Redorchid2404 7 1,093 04-12-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.