Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hard time to find the right mask
RE: Hard time to find the right mask
So I started with p10 and got a F20 and tried going full face route. Leeaks and switched to pillows. As. Well tried a Eson 2 nasal mask . I had luck with the ESon 2 and had 4 or 5 pillow masks . Yes that many ! Eventually I adapted to cpap and higher pressures my mouth would pop open.

Tried more face masks amd thought unique face and try masks . Eventually realized must be me in not right mask or not adjusting it properly.

So what I did was lower my max pressure for mask fitting
This was 2 points over my 95 percent pressure.

I'd turn on the machine run mask fit and adjust the mask and move my mouth around every which direction. Until no leaks ! They say a face mask should be all equal . If I did that it be supper uncomfortable or leak . I'm currently using a F20 and found the left lower strap needs to be tighter than other straps . Is this right ? No but works for me . The point I'm trying to make is learn your mask . Learn to adjust it and be patient in adjusting .Rember loose is more

I also turned down my heated climate line . As I'd swet and mask would slide around.

Lastly is hygiene and bed time routine. Wash your mask cushion first thing with a good soap . I shave before bed to keep stubble down. So if you shave try shaving before bed or at least clean shaving on am . Watch any moisturizers before bed and wash your face right before the mask goes on.

I've went on , but I have fallen in love with the first mask I Purchased . The F20 ,which I could have savedsome headaches . The p10 was a rental from my DME . You have some great masks ! Pick one and exhaust your resources about fitting . If you can't make it work find a dme with mask exchange as well mask fittings under pressure .

Good luck on your mask search
Post Reply Post Reply
This sounds good to me. 

I hope that by increasing the min to 9, we can maybe prevent some of the events that trigger the machine to increase the pressure in the first place.

For the max of 16: 
Do you think I can go even lower here? I put the machine on cpap mode 15 yesterday to see if my masks would be able to hold the pressure without leak and the pressure was substantial. I also have some sinus issue because of the pressure, I think. Or it could be a lingering cold. I have, however, severe sleep apnea and might need a higher pressure from time to time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hard to say without seeing your data and others could ADress that better than me . I'd just lower my max for leak testing .  Cause if your max is set at 20 and you never hit it.  Then your adjusting at max pressure and getting a tight mask .
Post Reply Post Reply
Upping the Min to 9 did two things for me last night:

1. My OA was for the first time 0.00
2. The Flow Limit graph show way less peaks

I will track a few more nights, but that's a good improvement already

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Evora Full mask fit
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try. I've never turned the machine on before I put the mask on.

I did get help using mask fit with my S10 *for her* machine. It gave me confidence when I started using the mask.

Then I would start the machine.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I myself went through many masks.  I was a "mouth breather" so the common assumption is a mask over my mouth. I never liked any of them. My problem was I always had a stuffy nose, but the CPAP machine fixed that. Long story short, the Resmed P10 is the best mask. Its very small, light, and stays on reasonably well.  The way the pillow are, it helps to clear your nose. Maintenance is easy. Why it costs $100 I do not know, but you can build it easy with parts on Amazon.  Just buy real Resmed nose pillows, not fakes.  Of the 6 masks I have, its the only one I use. 

Oh also, you will need a hose holder that keeps the hose above your head because its so light.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my P10 today. I reduced my min pressure back to 7 as I read that some people can get away with less pressure when using it. I will log two nights and then analyze the charts for optimal settings with this mask. I hope I’m finally find my perfect mask with this and get a good night of sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2024, 09:56 PM)Bluesv6 Wrote: They say a face mask should be all equal . If I did that it be supper uncomfortable or leak .  I'm currently using a F20 and found the left lower strap needs to be tighter than other straps .  Is this right ? No but works for me .  

This is the same for me. I'm sure it's because my face is crooked - my chin is shifted a little to the left of center when compared to my eyes/nose. My left lower strap always needs to be tighter than the right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still collecting data, but I ended up setting it from 7 up to 8 after reviewing last night as I was still getting OAs back at 7. If 8 also give me more than 2 OAs, I’ll go up to 9 again, even though it is a pillow mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will say with the P10, the mask is light and works great, but the head strap is bad and slides up and down, even when split.  And here is another funny thing because my wife just started CPAP and she wanted a P10.  The real P10 doesn't have a hose swivel, but the clone ones do, which I like better.  And like $110 for that mask? Are they kidding?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 155 8,140 10-11-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: jefferyscott0
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 2 488 10-03-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: iknownothing
  Waste of Time? - Pulmonary Visit mark.apnea 8 419 09-26-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 309 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
Question Silicone of new FF mask is hard for 2 weeks zeee1980 2 189 09-20-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 281 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 608 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.