Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Struggling to Lower AHI Below 5
RE: Struggling to Lower AHI Below 5
In supine position I have severe apneas, about 40 ahi, on my sides I have something like 6.
I was diagnosed with medium apneas (about 20ahi), that was the median that day.
I have ankylosing arthritis and thus I cannot stay on a side for too long. I've tried wearing a "backpack" to force me on one side, but it is a little torture for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to mention to your Cardiologist about the CSR breathing (since you have had a heart attack).   They may have some suggestions.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I will, but I wonder if it is misinterpretation or not, because it is the second time I see this pattern in my oscar analysis.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you upload a 3 minute zoom right in the middle of the CSR?  Just click your cursor when the CSR starts; and drag your cursor to the right for 3 minutes of time.  Then upload that chart to examine.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure thing...

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for posting those.  Your 1st chart doesn't look like real CSR.  The 2nd chart kind of resembles true CSR.   

It would probably be good to show the 2nd chart to your Cardiologist at your next appointment.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Post Reply Post Reply
It is the same set of events, with a different zoom level.
Of course I will show it to my doctor!

As for today...

It seems, those three days that I'm wearing the collar, the pressure doesn't go above 14.
Maybe I shall lower the pressure of the mask against my face Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent, some progress Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! And I think I shall lower my ERP to 2 so I don't provoke the central apnea mechanism as much.
And I will try increasing a notch my lower pressure setting.
Next thing is to investigate the masks thing.
As far as I know, there is no company that has a mask exchange program here in Greece. I could go to the company that sold me my CPAP machine and try some masks there but whatever I buy, I'm stuck with that.

When I had me first titration, a few years ago, they gave me a nose mask and after a few hours they woke me up and changed it for a full face mask because I was opening my mouth.

My turbinates where somewhat enlarged and nose congestion was a daily thing.
Now I got my turbinates cauterized but my nose airways are not the best you could have. And I reckon that in a few months/years my nose is going to fall back to the previous state. So, I don't think I'll ever use a nose mask.

I will go and try the f40 mask so I can minimize the rash on my face left and right to my noise.

Thank you people for taking the time to help me out.
If I discover something new or better, I will report back!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepHQ data for someone struggling with CPAP therhile 36 1,260 09-11-2024, 12:12 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Struggling with leaks Resmed F40 Karatechop 12 2,115 09-04-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPB430
  Really struggling with finding source of problem/right settings theswerve 3 216 08-29-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Using CPAP for 5 months, still struggling abzcpap24 4 316 08-23-2024, 05:07 PM
Last Post: abzcpap24
  [Treatment] Struggling with increased AHI and CAs flyingcrowgang 2 180 08-23-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: flyingcrowgang
  [Treatment] New user struggling to wake up refreshed THEVGE 9 1,002 08-18-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: nh00
  Getting Started and Struggling with Leaks and High AHI jkeben 1 202 08-12-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.