Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] 3rd Attempt in 5 years to use cpap
3rd Attempt in 5 years to use cpap

Hi!
I’m currently on my third attempt in 5 years to use a CPAP, this time with a nasal pillows mask and mouth tape. However, I’m struggling to keep the CPAP on for more than 4 hours of sleep. I’ve also noticed some Central Apnea flags showing up in my reports.
My obstructions are mainly in the palate, tongue, and epiglottis. Not to mention, I still feel tired despite having a low AHI.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3rd Attempt in 5 years to use cpap
just a quicky for now....

Get rid of the EPR,  put to zero.

7 cm fine,

Also, recent testing and advice , and i am doing it for 2 nights.......

use  full face cpap setting with nasal mask  even though you use nose pillows.

Add +1 cm pressure as well. i think this could be a bit less depending on your mask and its differential. i think the pillows have the biggest drop.

Try it, you may/will like it !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3rd Attempt in 5 years to use cpap
Your machine is going to be the limiting factor due to it being a fixed pressure only machine. 

You have enough flow limitations to justify using EPR, so I would not suggest removing it at the moment. I would set EPR=3 to get rid of them for now. It may be adjusted depending on how your react to the next suggestion.

Try this for a few nights. Keep your pressure at 7 for now, but increase it by 0.2 cmH2O every other night for a bit to see if the extra pressure helps with sleep quality. Give that a go for a few nights and post some charts. From there we can help adjust to something more to your liking.

Also, please read the link in my signature “Format OSCAR Charts”. That is the format folks prefer. if they want to see something else they will ask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transitional/sleep onset apneas after years of PAP gaspsalot 10 484 09-18-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Trying again after 10 years davidy 12 646 08-26-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Lots of flow limitations but good leak rate (restarting CPAP after 2 years off) sleepy331 10 582 08-14-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Diagnosis] cpap since 2 years .tired jeje 11 550 07-15-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: jeje
  AHIs way up after years of successful use stephenu712 1 243 06-30-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Here are my results, struggling for 10+ years. UARS? Air007 7 516 06-26-2024, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Two years into xPAP, still not feeling well. RickRock 5 476 06-25-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: RickRock

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.