Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help for new-ish user.
RE: Help for new-ish user.
Also, my friend was very tired and his balance was bad yesterday. After a nap today and no melatonin, his AHI was closer to normal. He also tolerated a walk much better than yesterday.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed Airsense 11 purchased from Local Cpap in Atlanta in Sept. '22. It has been used pretty much daily since that time. Now the plug into the machine is gimpy to the point it will no longer keep a connection. It has been unplugged from the machine regularly as that is easier than unplugging from the wall. Local Cpap tells us that is bad. We unplug our computers from the machine, so how are we going to know that? Anyway, Resmed help is nill, and Local Cpap is a 3 hour drive and we're not real happy with them anyway. Where do we find service for such a problem in our area (Birmingham AL)?
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it the plug on the power supply or the CPAP's receptacle?

I use a long Velcro cable wrap between the air hose and the power cord to keep mine in. I keep snagging the choke on the power cord with the edge of my nightstand and unplug it.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, will see if that can be worked out here.

Still would like tips on finding a support provider if anyone has any to offer. The only thing I find on ResMed is a national number to call. Guess I'll try that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did call the national Resmed number and was told that we would need to contact our supplier. I called Lincare and got the supplies section. She referred me to a local supplier who said we would need to call the insurance company and the sleep doctor to get a new machine. I called the UAB Sleep Clinic, and they did everything that was needed. Apparently my friend will get a new cpap as this one is still under the 2 year warranty.

Hope that helps others. The path was not immediately evident to me, and the first few people I called were not very helpful. Kudos to the UAB Sleep Clinic. And thank goodness he has good insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
The new machine is much quieter and the AHIs are better. That was unexpected. We thought the only problem with the old one was a faulty connection. Not sure why this one is so much better, but glad it is.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,258 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,710 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.