Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Would like some help with my settings
Would like some help with my settings
Hello friends,

I've been lurking here for a while ever since I was diagnosed with severe OSA (pAHI 71.4) about a couple months ago. I feel like reading other people's stories of success left me hopeful while I was awaiting my APAP. 

I'm a little over a week into therapy and I've been surprisingly adapting well to sleeping with a mask and I've been trying a couple different options while I'm still within my 30 day mask trial. I started out with P10 nose pillows which were pretty comfortable but rolling around I kept knocking them off my face so I've also been giving the F40 a try (on my second night with them - the jury is still out). 

I've been tracking my APAP usage using OSCAR since day 1 and while I'm definitely doing better than an AHI of 71.4, I'm still averaging an AHI of 5.6. My subscribed pressure from the doctor was 5-15 / EPR3 / Ramp on but based on a lot of what I've read here, I started my therapy at 7-15 and have increased to 7.6-15. I think I can definitely do better! 

I was wondering if the kind folks here could take a peek and help make some recommendations. I'm a pretty patient person and I'm committed to this being a marathon vs a sprint however I'd really like to get my therapy dialed in as possible while I can make changes to the mask, etc. 

Attached my OSCAR data from the last 2 nights - happy to share any other info that would be helpful.

You're the best - thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Would like some help with my settings
Welcome to Apnea Board,

Two suggestions and a bit of reading for you.

1. Try standard response
2. Round up your minimum to 8
3. Read the wiki on Positional Apnea patterns, of which you show some

Standard response might help reduce Apnea a bit along with the slight increase to base pressure. I think the Positional Apnea is likely driving your AHI up. The Positional Apnea pattern is the clusters of event flags, and typically is a chin tuck.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Would like some help with my settings
Thanks SarcasticDave! Very much appreciated! I have been reading up on Positional Apnea and have been investigating options to help my sleep position. I've been trying to keep note of how I wake up but it's been very random. I've been trying different pillows and trying to go to sleep on my side vs back. Any suggestions on tracking my sleeping position?

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 1,321 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 1,112 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 4,023 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,364 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,931 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.