Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Importing data from 2 SD cards problem
Importing data from 2 SD cards problem
I have 2 Resmed SD cards and I alternate them, often daily but always multiple times per week. Not sure I'll word this correctly but I am having issues with losing detailed data if I upload in the wrong order. Example below:

Card 1 was in the machine for Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday morning I take it out and load card 2. Thursday I take out card 2 and upload both cards one after the other. Except I didn't keep track which one was which and loaded card 2 first. Now when I upload card 1 there's only summary data for Monday and Tuesday, no matter how many times I try to upload card 1, create a new directory (as I saw in another thread here.) I created a test profile and uploaded card 1 and the detailed data is there. 

Is there any way other than creating a whole new profile to have the data from both cards show up if I upload them in the "wrong" order? I can't seem to find anyone else who has had this problem or any reference to this issue in the wiki.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Importing data from 2 SD cards problem
I'm unsure why you're using two cards, as there's no reason to do that. I'll tell you that the times I've inserted a card after a sleep session was completed (card wasn't in the machine while I slept), the machine only wrote the summary data to the card. While I can't say for sure, I would bet the data is getting alternatively overwritten each time you insert another card.
Pick one card and use it exclusively.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a few reasons why I use two cards, but why I do doesn't matter. I'm not the only one who does, as evidenced by the many threads talking about using multiple cards. The information is NOT overwritten, if I create a new OSCAR profile and upload them in the correct order, the missing data (from the example below) is there.

I am asking how to force the upload of the available data into my main profile. Also, just creating a new profile doesn't work as there were other SD cards used before and those days are missing in the test profile, so I don't think I can rebuild the missing days without those cards. I don't want to be rude, but your not understanding my reasons and just telling me to pick one is completely unhelpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
One card has the detailed data for that day and the other card had just the summary data.    If you loaded the card with summary data only first, OSCAR sees that it has information for that day, and it will not import any further data.  Purge the data for the day that is summary data only, and import the card that contains the detailed data for that day.

Since this is a software related question, I am moving your thread to the Software Support Forum.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Red, I knew there had to be a (fairly simple, if not obvious) solution. My apologies for putting this in the wrong place. I quickly glanced at previous threads with a similar theme and just posted in the main board. I should have taken a little more time but my brain is fried today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wasn't suggesting the information on the card was being overwritten, rather the information in the OSCAR profile, pretty sure that's what Crimson Nape has suggested (said it way better than I did). I also import from 2 different cards, but they're in 2 different machines, one is stationed at my mother's house so I don't have to pack up the home machine when I visit (it was my old machine before replacement).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Importing Data from EMAY Pulse Oximeters Toolworker 0 147 09-04-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Toolworker
  Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem AndyB 22 3,952 08-05-2024, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Cape67
  OSCAR not importing morning nap UsuallyTired 4 275 07-21-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: UsuallyTired
  OSCAR Problem LuminousOne 2 288 06-29-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  Last Month's Worth of Data Not Importing to OSCAR jstro84 1 448 05-17-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: mokeefe734
  Oscar question problem Lanco 0 369 05-07-2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Lanco
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 12 1,516 05-02-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.