Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help optimizing pressure/ minimizing aerophagia
Help optimizing pressure/ minimizing aerophagia
My AHI has been a bit higher the last few nights. Last night I switched to a different pillow to help with neck pain and discourage stomach sleeping. And while I was more comfortable and it did help me stay off of my stomach, I woke up with a great deal of aerophagia. Is the aerophagia something that should stop happening with time? I've also been thinking about trying a soft cervical collar to further help with stabilizing my neck, and maybe that will help a bit with any obstructive apneas. Anything else I can do?

(I cross-posted this to my original thread as well, I'm still learning to navigate the forum)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help optimizing pressure/ minimizing aerophagia
The only thing that seems to help with air in the stomach is to lessen pressure.  You have a fixed 8 pressure.  I would try a different approach.

Max 8
Min 6
EPR full time
EPR 2

That could lower your pressures and help a little more with the Flow Limits.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I don't really understand flow limits. What are those and their significance?
Post Reply Post Reply
They are obstructive apnea just like you O and H events.  They are not counted in the AHI because they do not last at least 10 seconds.  They stop you from being able to get into deep sleep and they raise the pressure on Resmed machines.  If there are enough of them they will wake you up.  How all apnea is classified is listed in my signature.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Optimizing CPAP Theraphy jgrimaldo3 2 92 Yesterday, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Optimizing CPAP - high pressures adlondon 3 162 09-13-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: georgesadam
  My solution to aerophagia with CPAP manacles 7 231 09-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: croc
  Fixed Aerophagia using a Halo style chin strap ISeekRem 0 157 09-01-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ISeekRem
  Fix aerophagia for cheap VINEDIGGER 9 530 08-30-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Jay Belmont
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 168 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5
  Aerophagia while awake? donsburg 4 295 08-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.