Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi first time here need help
Hi first time here need help
Hi, guys, I've gotten my cpap for almost a month now and the therapy is giving me mixed results, my therapist suspects that I have UARS and told me I should not go over the pressure of 8. While my AHI is kinda low my sleep is not great at some days. What I have noticed is that there's a lot of things that are not flagged by the machine. looking for feedback/help

[attachment=8538]
[attachment=8539]
[attachment=8540]
[attachment=8541]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hi first time here need help
Your not not showing any flow limitation events which is what I would expect if it was UARS. All I'm seeing is Clear airway events and what could be clear airway hypopnea.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
what would clear airway hypopnea indicate? some kind of complex apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
If that's what it is than yes. However I'll defer to somebody else with more understanding of the charts involving CA events.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
If I'm reading the last two attachments correctly, you are mouth breathing.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...148d1f.jpg

Have you done anything to try and manage that.?

See the Mouth breathing section of the Mask Primer for some general guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for your reply, I've tried to get my therapist to give me a full face mask but he wouldn't let me. I'll definitely try the some of these methods see if it works, thanks. I do have a question about taping over your mouth, is there a certain way of doing the tape and what type of tape do you need?
Post Reply Post Reply
Drug store, 3M brand NexCare 2.5 cm wide, comes in a spool.  The version I use is deemed to be water resistant which helps when spittle oozes down during drooling.

You place a swatch 6 cm long atop your lips so that the top edge just covers the fold at the top of the lips.  The tape, when in place, should not make contact with a nasal pillow or nasal mask, in other words.  Press the tape firmly into place everywhere.

I fold the one end over to make a small tab that can easily be grabbed if you need to remove the tape quickly.  Happened to me one morning just prior to normal awakening when my nose closed off due to stuffiness.  I awoke with a start and clawed off the tape in a hurry lemme tell ya.  That's when I realized I needed a bit more of a safety margin and figured out to make the tab.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a sports tape.  Most important is to use a tape that is designed for use on human skin.  You don't want a glue that is an irritant. 
Remember that the purpose is just to seal the lips, not to tape your mouth shut.  Do test the removal of the tape.
Post Reply Post Reply
well wait for the experts. On slide 3 I see a 30 second OA that the machine does not even respond to. Something does not look right to me, but I am not the expert. Others here are very much an expert, even though they are not Doctors. Hang in there
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2018, 01:59 AM)PoolQ Wrote: well wait for the experts. On slide 3 I see a 30 second OA that the machine does not even respond to. Something does not look right to me, but I am not the expert. Others here are very much an expert, even though they are not Doctors. Hang in there

The machine did not respond as it is set to 7.8 cm minimum and maximum so essentially fixed pressure
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 2 439 10-03-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: iknownothing
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 154 7,777 10-01-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Waste of Time? - Pulmonary Visit mark.apnea 8 349 09-26-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 227 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 254 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 582 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  First Time Poster, need advice for new machine! kbjames 7 469 08-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.