Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: (How) Do You Monitor Your Apnea?
This poll is closed.
I don't; I just provide doctor with data.
0%
0 0%
Just look at what the machine itself may indicate.
20.59%
14 20.59%
Bluetooth app on my phone/tablet.
7.35%
5 7.35%
SleepyHead, sneakernetting my SD card to my computer every day.
23.53%
16 23.53%
SleepyHead, sneakernetting SD card to computer a few times a week.
7.35%
5 7.35%
SleepyHead, sneakernetting SD card to computer once a week or longer intervals.
22.06%
15 22.06%
SleepyHead via FlashAir card and FlasdhPAP.
13.24%
9 13.24%
SleepyHead via FlashAir card and Sleep Master.
1.47%
1 1.47%
SleepyHead via FlashAir card and Sleep Master + SleepMaster Data Viewer. (Please share how you got it to work Wink
0%
0 0%
Other. Do tell.
4.41%
3 4.41%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

(How) Do You Monitor Your Apnea?
Question 
(How) Do You Monitor Your Apnea?
It's probably safe to assume that those who frequent this forum monitor their apnea treatment more or more closely than the average CPAP user. That said, there are different ways to do so, so how do you do it?

Vote in the poll! Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: (How) Do You Monitor Your Apnea?
Mine is actually a combo of 2 of the above answers. I will view machine data most mornings and less frequently than weekly viewing SD card info on Sleepyhead.

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2018, 12:30 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Mine is actually a combo of 2 of the above answers. I will view machine data most mornings and less frequently than weekly viewing SD card info on Sleepyhead.

lots-o-coffee

Multiple answers permitted on this poll. Okay

Now if I could only figure out how to edit typos in the poll questions themselves... Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the same method as Dave. When I first started 6 Months ago I would look at my data daily on sleepyhead using a flashair card and flashpap. Now I have stabilised on my S9 ASV I only download data every few days to a week, (I don’t want to loose any detailed data and I believe the S9 only keeps 7 days of detailed data). I have downloaded daily the last couple of days as I have changed my mask to the P10 and I want to see how leaks are doing and the machine screen does not give sufficient detail.

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't tend to look at my machine, since the screen has gone to sleep by the time I have my glasses on.

For the first month, I was "sneakernetting" (love it!) almost every day. For the next few months, I did that every week or so. And most recently I sneakernetted and realized it had been many months.

My numbers are always pretty much the same (ie: 0.5 - 2.5, but usually hugging 1.0), and I don't really know how to read Sleepyhead charts beyond the super-basics. So I figure if I'm feeling good, then I guess I'm good.

If I didn't mind sleeping around EMFs, I'd have the limited info Bluetoothed to my phone... because it would be kinda interesting maybe. But since I limit EMFs, I don't desire that. If the app provided as much data as Sleepyhead does, then I'd be inclined to turn off/on the Airplane Mode / Bluetooth once a week or so, to get that data on my phone. But unfortunately the info provided from the machine companies is severely lacking, so it's not worth the hassle.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2018, 12:54 AM)Sheepish Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 12:30 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Mine is actually a combo of 2 of the above answers. I will view machine data most mornings and less frequently than weekly viewing SD card info on Sleepyhead.

lots-o-coffee

Multiple answers permitted on this poll. Okay

Now if I could only figure out how to edit typos in the poll questions themselves... Oh-jeez

I've unvoted, then submitted new vote reflecting my verbal version.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would say, daily to weekly. I have my computer set to automatically download the CPAP data daily. I do this for archival purposes and will glance at the data to make sure there are no gremlins present.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use FlashPAP and look at my data on Sleepyhead every day.  If I have to show data to my doc, I copy my FlashAir card to the one that came with the machine.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Dream Mapper to look at glance and I check numbers when I think about it or to just get any ideas for trends. Other than that, how I feel is most important.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I generally upload SD card to Sleepyhead about once a month and will casually check the machine AHI when I think of it. I'm pretty well settled on the settings I use and have no real need to know day to day details.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 25 4,056 07-28-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Apnea at home test. no apnea in lab? Burrells5 4 504 05-22-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 1,599 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] Wrist Oxygen Monitor nanaa0 16 2,237 09-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 747 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  How can I monitor my sleep apnea severity without a doctor? davidortenn79 11 1,643 06-16-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: davidortenn79
  Lookee O2 Wrist Monitor cmpman1974 5 854 04-28-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: withtao

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.