Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I can't sleep without using CPAP
RE: I can't sleep without using CPAP
Hello. I don't really think that a new sleep study would say anything new that I don't know, since, as I said, I suffocate if I don't sleep with CPAP, as soon as I fall asleep.

Also, they couldn't do a new study, because I wouldn't be able to sleep, I would just suffer.

I have a hypothesis: after losing weight, the tissues of the palate, uvula, tongue, throat, etc. have become "loose", so that, despite being thin, the structures of the mouth and throat fall and collapse completely and don't let me breathe as soon as I relax and sleep.

I really appreciate the idea and the advice, because in other circumstances, doing another sleep study would be the most logical step to follow.

Greetings and thank you very much!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have lots to add, but first....

Have you tried Breathwork?

Check out Patrick McKeown.

You can get some noticeable results quickly with simple breathing exercises.

Anxiety is one symptom that can have a huge reduction when breathing properly.

Hope you try that out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, EPR was meant as a comfort tool.

you must make sure that your pressure using CPAP DOES NOT DROP BELOW your prescription level from your sleep study!

What was the titration pressure that eliminated OA, obstructive events.

IF, as your personal stats suggest, 9 cm is that point, then EPR must never drop pressure below that point during your exhale!
Post Reply Post Reply
Also Trasto, as for falling asleep with or without CPAP.....

Athough we have vastly different bodies and experiences, falling asleep is easy for me, dont know why.

I do practice good sleep hygiene, no TV bluelight before bed is a big one.
Need to get the mind to slow done at sleep time!
Breathing exercises will help that I'm sure for you.

And...

I have been tryin to sleep WITHOUT CPAP lately, and i have been able to no problem!
Thats why i have been doing Breathing Exercises, to enable me to regain control over all the various breathing muscles, including the diaphragm!

And...

Just last night i fell asleep , while doing those breathing exercises @ 2115 hrs, 9:15 PM
I awoke at 12 am and actually felt great!

However, i put my CPAP machine on and slept mostly right thru i think, until about 5 am, 0500 hrs

And i feel great this morning!

My goal is to get rid of the CPAP.

And I am finding that others are doing that!

Through Breathwork!!!

That's why those of us on this website, and using CPAP have a problem in the first place!
We started to breathe incorrectly at some point in our lives.
Anxiety, Stress etc. etc.
Mouth breathing, big problem!

Hope you can join me, and others, on our quest to get our liberation from this device ( which has helped for the most part while we have the sleep apnea)

And i'm pretty sure that with a modest amount of knowledge about Breathwork and doing some exercises, you can at least have better sleep WITH CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sé algo sobre el método Buteyko.

Tengo un libro de Patrick Mckeown, 'El poder del oxígeno'.

Seguiré tu consejo, leeré el libro y pondré en práctica algunos de los ejercicios.

¡Muchas gracias!

***  Moderator Note: Google Translation  ***
Quote:I know something about the Buteyko method.

I have a book by Patrick Mckeown, 'The Power of Oxygen'.

I will follow your advice, read the book and try some of the exercises.

Thank you very much!

As per Rule #4 - All posts must be made in the English language. Please use a translation service, like Google Translate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Buena Suerte !
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Deborah K.

Here I attach a screenshot with OSCAR's graphs.

I'm happy because there are only two apneas and there is very little leak (I still have the tape on my mouth when I sleep), but I don't understand why my A-CPAP starts increasing the pressure, in the absence of apnea, from 3:30 a.m. to 3:40 a.m.

And I guess I keep waking up, maybe because of the apneas, maybe because of the pressure, because I'm sleepy all day long.

What can we improve regarding those graphs?

Thanks for your help!

(09-26-2024, 10:05 AM)SeePak Wrote: Buena Suerte !

Thanks, seePak!! Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,735 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  Sleep Apnea CPAP/OSCAR/OSA/CA trish1028 1 223 09-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 317 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  New to CPAP, sleep Study had me at 90 events an hour jcpose 2 231 08-15-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: jcpose
  Unknown sleep issues/responding poorly to cpap Apnea4862 1 219 08-14-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Sleep paralysis every time I use my CPAP DoRaCh79 5 2,415 08-01-2024, 08:53 AM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
  New to CPAP - Noticing big breath pattern during sleep. SnoozEm 4 277 07-31-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.