Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Understanding Breas HDM Data for Z2
Understanding Breas HDM Data for Z2
I'm new to using a Breas Z2 and trying to figure it out.  I pulled the data but it does not make sense to me.  Looking at the chart it just used a fixed pressure but it is set for a range.  See attachments.  When using a ResMed Airsense 10, the data in Oscar shows it varying from 7.6 to 11.0.  Could a different machine require different pressure settings?  Is there somthing I'm not understanding

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding Breas HDM Data for Z2
Your statistics show you with a pressure range of minimum 7, maximum 11.

The pressure does indeed move between those set pressures. The median pressure reports at 9.96. The 95% pressure reading is at 10.98. This simply means you were at that pressure or lower for 95% of the time.

The 95% Flow Limitation is high at 0.11. EPR is set currently set at 2 which gives you an exhale pressure relief of 2cm drop in pressure when exhaling. Setting EPR at 3 may bring Flow Limitation down at bit.

Some leaking is reported. Not sure if you are mouth breathing or if its mask movement.

It appears that the Apneas and Hypopnea are reported together at a total of 4. I think if you click on the RED arrow, you may see a breakdown of Apnea (Obstructive, Clear Airways and Hypopnea).

AHI is reported at 1, which is good.

Ramp is set at 7 for 10 minutes. You probably don't need this and should turn it off.

The important thing is how you feel. Are you getting a decent amount of sleep, and how do you feel the next day.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, my message is confusing.

The chart at the bottom is an example what I get from the ResMed 10 in Oscar. It always looks something like that.

The first chart is what I got from the Z2 in the Z2 data software. The bars suggest to me that the pressure simply sits at 7.0. How can that be? Am I reading that wrong? Does that mean no APAP and no depressure on exhale. That does not seem right to me but maybe I'm misinterpreting. This machine is new to me.

The middle picture shows the Z2 machine settings that do specify a range. The 2 with APAP is their pressure relieve setting

I have not been sleeping well lately in general, maybe summer heat so can't really make a quality or performance assessment. One interesting thing is that I always use humidity with the ResMed but running this no humidity machine did not have any negative affects.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is resolved.  The PC based app for the Z2 does not show pressure variations.  However, they can be seen in the phone app.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 7 305 3 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Understanding sleep study results Moemah123 0 55 Today, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Moemah123
  [Treatment] Help with treatment, questions, approach, understanding UsuallyTired 28 1,248 09-07-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Breas Z2 - Air Noise at Mask Vents mcman56 2 226 08-21-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  Understanding graphs and reducing CA's SBHill 7 270 08-16-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Understanding Test Results Danica 5 253 08-16-2024, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Danica
Grin Need help understanding OSCAR results.. zadee 4 270 08-10-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.