Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ??
RE: I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ??
In the S-mode, you have access to the Trigger, Ti Min, and Ti Max settings. You don't have these in the CPAP mode.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not on my device as said sooner.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry! I thought you were discussing an AirCurve 10 VAuto. I now see you have an AirSense 10.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2023, 01:50 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Sorry! I thought you were discussing an AirCurve 10 VAuto. I now see you have an AirSense 10.
- Red

No I have Aircurve Vauto without trigger sensitivity. Old model in Europe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried sleeping on a wedge pillow like this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AK3VZBA/?ta...AAAAAAAmX5

I just had one delivered yesterday and the results were staggering. It's no silver bullet but worth a shot because most of my events were central apneas and they were all but eliminated AND my blood oxygen levels drastically improved.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5700252/
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2023, 05:26 PM)gainerfull Wrote: Have you tried sleeping on a wedge pillow like this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AK3VZBA/?ta...AAAAAAAmX5

I just had one delivered yesterday and the results were staggering. It's no silver bullet but worth a shot because most of my events were central apneas and they were all but eliminated AND my blood oxygen levels drastically improved.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5700252/

Yes I tried this Smile

No useful in my case. 

But thanks !
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the Oscar report for tonight :

https://imgur.com/a/QiQdJGi

As you can see with 10 fixed pressure and EPR 1 there is a little improvement in AHI, but bad flow limits.
At 2h46 am there is a bunch of CA triggered by OA.

So I have these solutions
- Do nothing (I feel not so bad this morning thankfully meds)
- Increase fixed pressure a little
- Keep EPR 1 with variable pressure

What do you think ? (waiting ASV)
Post Reply Post Reply
No idea if it'll help in your case, but one thing I did that seems to consistently help for me is I rolled a towel up, like a sleeping bag. Then put this under my neck, not my head, instead of a pillow. Felt a little uncomfortable at first, but I got less back pain (not sure if it has anything to do with the towel or not, lol) and I've gotten better sleep.

Also, do you find it hard to stay awake during the day at random times? I did, like I'd sometimes get this uncontrollable tiredness, usually in the afternoon-ish. My doctor gave me something to help me stay awake during the day (take it in the morning) and that made a DRASTIC difference at night. We think it might be narcolepsy (apparently it shows up in many different ways) but I haven't gotten tested yet as there's a huge back log at the sleep center right now.

Word of advice though, if you do end up with those type of meds, never take them within 6 hrs of sleeping...will make for the worst night imaginable. They told me 4hrs, but my experience says more like 6.

As for adjusting your settings, have you spoken to your doctor about that? My hospital has a patient portal I can send my doctor quick questions/concerns that I don't think need a full visit. You might see if yours has something similar. You can always try it for a few nights and see how it goes.

And as for depression, make sure you talk to your doctor about that. There are many causes for it...none to be embarrassed of and sometimes meds can help a lot. I'd look into getting a book called Mind Over Mood. It's made a huge difference for me and my friends and family (good book to have even if you don't struggle with depression ect.). Get the physical copy, it's not your typical read through type book. Lots of worksheets and such it's better to physically have. It helps you understand the possible causes for your feelings and get new perspective on them...cause there's a LOT that can effect your mood. Diet, environment, thoughts, physical well being, ect.

Wishing you good sleep and happier days!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2023, 06:35 AM)Yoshuzimo Wrote: Also, do you find it hard to stay awake during the day at random times? I did, like I'd sometimes get this uncontrollable tiredness, usually in the afternoon-ish. My doctor gave me something to help me stay awake during the day (take it in the morning) and that made a DRASTIC difference at night. We think it might be narcolepsy (apparently it shows up in many different ways) but I haven't gotten tested yet as there's a huge back log at the sleep center right now.

I really appreciate your help.

About narcolepsy, I've thought about this, but it seems rather that Tegretol used for bipolar disorder (at low dose) help me last days. Maybe it is to early to be definitive. I feel more awake while a bit tired due to AHI ?

But as I wrote it causes more CA events, no doubt.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2023, 07:49 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't see any correlation between PS and the number of CA events.  Normally we expect to see events reduced with lower PS. I just can't get over the fact your European model Vauto does not have the trigger sensitivity setting, and assume it must have something to do with the approval of units sold in France or Europe. We could reduce or eliminate the CA with that feature.  Since CA events have been persistent and unresponsive to manipulation of the device settings, I'm left with the recommendation to consider using ASV.

Hi, after years of prevarication and no possibility to get an ASV by my Doctor, I found a used Aircurve 10 pacewave ASV machine that I will receive in a few days.

Could you help me setting the machine knowing all my apnea history ? Maybe default is ok ?

Thanks a lot
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 11 574 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 126 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  [Treatment] ASV AHI between 0-1 but still tired some days Melkarid 4 181 09-24-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Melkarid
Gross Back strap causing itchy scalp SuzieQsleep 1 92 09-21-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 5 843 09-17-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali
  LAB sleep study help - feeling hopeless and lost georgesadam 5 247 09-13-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: georgesadam
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 537 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.