Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data
Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data
Good Morning,
Sorry if I missed this info in an existing post but my searches for this subject came up empty.
I import the Viatom/WellUE data into OSCAR using the import link in OSCAR and the data shows up right away. The problem I am seeing is the Viatom/WellUE Pulse data within the O2 Insight Pro app (where the Viatom/WellUE data is imorted from the device and stored on my pc) is different than what is displayed in the OSCAR Daily page Pulse Rate within the "Statistics" section.
As well, the Pulse graph in OSCAR will show the highest spike and if I zoom in to that spike, it will display the Viatom/WellUE value (or very close).

SpO2 data matches.

OSCAR displayed data...Pulse Rate Min 38.00 Med 47.00 95% 52.00 99.5% 58.00

Viatom/WellUE displayed Data...Pulse Rate Lowest 38.00 Average 46.00 Highest 64.00

Thanks for your time and assistance!
GordK

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data
The Med, 95%, and 99.5% are percentiles. The Med is "Median", or 50%-tile. The O2 Insight Pro is reporting the absolute highest reading it recorded. OSCAR uses the 99.5%-tile to remove any artifacts from the data. The pulse rate of 58 means that your pulse was at 58 OR lower for 99.5% of the recording time. That can be also interpreted that your pulse was higher than 58 for only .5% of the recorded session.

Since you didn't provide a full screenshot, I am guessing that your session was about 7:30 in length (22:00 to 05:30). This would make the .5% equal 2 minutes and 15 seconds. (7.5*60=450 minutes, 450*.005=2.25).

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The duration was indicated in the Flow Rate Graph as 7:45:00.
This duration is the length of the area indicated in the Event Flags Graph
which indicates that the whole session was selected.

This duration is the same as the middle picture.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nape and LoudSnorer!
I had not considered the margin of time/BPM in that small amount of difference (99.5%-100%) between Viatom data and OSCAR displayed data. Makes sense.
I will put my hands in my pockets again and try to not overthink things!
Thanks again for your continued support. I appreciate it. 
Cordially,
GordK
Huffin' & Puffin' in Canada
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Export breath by breath data from oscar? lisaistired 0 49 09-27-2024, 10:13 PM
Last Post: lisaistired
  How to get started with Oscar - analysis of data McMartin 0 75 09-26-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: McMartin
  Help needed, thanks app not displaying data out of the blue Ohiosnoring 2 120 09-24-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Ohiosnoring
  Importing data from 2 SD cards problem dabrat76 5 177 09-23-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  Oscar only shoe summary data BlueSky1958 2 161 09-20-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  uploading data to oscar nachumj 5 316 09-11-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Newbie Question - Two Data Sets Toolworker 1 198 09-04-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Toolworker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.