Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Help Me With My Settings.
RE: Please Help Me With My Settings.
@Opal Rose, thanks for consolidating.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please Help Me With My Settings.
So the latest in my CPAP to BIPAP to who-knows-what-else journey, I finally got my oximeter and tested it out sleeping for three hours straight with no machine whatsover.

I wanted a "current snapshot" of my O2 without a machine. My original AHI (about 2 months ago) had me at a large amount of obstructive and a small amount of central. My AHI was around 50 and I was diagnosed with severe apnea. At that point in time I was waking up choking in my sleep. 

After losing weight and cleaning up my diet to reduce congestion/phlegm, I seem to be able to sleep (in small 3 hour increments) without choking.

Can anyone tell me how bad this recent oximeter chart looks? I welcome any assessment . I'm at higher elevation (over 6000 ft). My normal baseline seems pretty low regardless. I don't know what other high altitude people's baselines look like.

In other news, still working on the BIPAP and struggling.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 1,320 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 1,107 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 4,020 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,364 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,926 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.