Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is Pressure Set incorrect?
Is Pressure Set incorrect?
Hello
I am new to OSCAR.  I have a ResMed device and so far I understand OSCAR for that device.  However, I also use a Philips Dreamstation and do not understand pressure tracings in OSCAR.   I have looked at numerous forum threads but still do not
understand.  Sometimes Pressure set seems to be the treatment pressure and EPAP is lower using Aflex as expected.

However, I attach a tracing that is completely confusing.  Although the Pmax for APAP is 8 cm H2O the pressure set is 8.7 cm H2O.
Later in the study it is even higher (over 9).   If pressure set is really the delivered pressure how can it be higher than the maximum pressure.   I am missing something here.  Please help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is Pressure Set incorrect?
Since this is therapy related, I will be moving it to the Main Forum after my post.

While it shows you have a maximum pressure of 8cm, the details show your machine went to 10cm. You have the Flex set to 3. This is known to make the Philips go off into the weeds. For this reason, the max flex should never exceed 2. It is not like the Resmed EPR. Close, but no horseshoe. Another explanation could be a defective pressure sensor.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is Pressure Set incorrect?
I think the pressure sensor is not working. I have used Aflex 3 for years without an issue. Thanks for the reply rb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect usage registering Moonbowusa 2 167 08-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 177 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 21,329 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,260 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Incorrect usage report Resmed Airsense 11 hydra 0 1,008 07-06-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: hydra
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 810 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  incorrect Logging Use For Insurance BlueSky1958 2 606 04-25-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.