Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MASKPAP
MASKPAP
I'm considering the Resmed mini for travel. I like my current mask and see that MASKPAP is designed to interface with the mini so that my non-standard hose/mask functions. My question is about the MASKPAP interface. It looks as if I would need to purchase the optional humidity housing to achieve this outcome (diagram attached). I don't need additional humidity. Looking for insights from others who have gone this route. Is it possible to use standard 22mm connector with the MASKPAP adapter without the RESMED humidity housing add-on?
j

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MASKPAP
The AirMini has a non-standard outlet port, so you will likely need a ResMed AirMini hose. I got an adapter that fits at the other end of the hose, replacing the humidifier disk holder, which then allows any mask to connect to that end of the proprietary ResMed AirMini hose. It is just a simple plastic device that locks on the mask end of the hose and converts it to a standard connector.

I must say I really like the ResMed AirMini hose itself -- it is the softest and most comfortable hose I have ever had. I wish I could use it on my ResMed 11. But again, it has a proprietary, non-standard connector at the AirMini end which would not work with the ResMed 11 (or any other standard CPAP outlet).

I am not familiar with the MASKPAP. The connector I got was a "AirMini Pro Hose Connector by Snugell" which they claim will "Connect AirMini Original Hose to Any 22 mm Nasal Mask or Full Face Mask Model" and I think it would. It was about $20 and I suspect you can find it many places. I just went to one of the big online internet vendors (not a CPAP specialty store).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MASKPAP
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.