Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just started 6 days ago!
RE: Just started 6 days ago!
So apparently I set the pressure range but never changed it to CPAP. Whoops. I was going through my cleaning regiment reassembling and I checked the setting. I changed it and verified it for tonight's sleep. Thank you for catching that coutherino! Still not sure what happened with the lapse in data. Will upload tomorrow and see what it looks like.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just started 6 days ago!
It happens lol, no worries. It'll probably take at least a few more nights to optimize everything (at least on the settings end) but yea, definitely good so far.

Quote:If I find that I cannot for whatever reason stay off my back I think I will try the above recommendations along with a different (flatter?) pillow and/ or a soft cervical collar.

If you expect to be staying on your back, in general the flatter you are, the more obstruction you're going to experience. Preferably as elevated as possible, for some people that means an adjustable bed to sleep at an incline. Staying on your side should be fine though if it's comfortable.

Quote:Ultimately I would like to keep the pressure limits lower (lower pressures avoid centrals?)

It depends, it can. There comes a point in raising the pressure where you stabilize your airway and/or fix the obstruction, and going any higher just means you're just over ventilating. CPAP naturally has a ventilatory effect. Meaning you expel more CO2 than breathing normally, and it is the buildup of CO2 in our bodies that triggers the drive to breathe. If you expel enough with each breath eventually the drive can go away for a period of time, resulting in your body not even trying to breathe (a central apnea). Having more pressure than you need can certainly cause this to happen. Centrals really aren't a problem unless you're seeing them back to back, or constantly throughout the night though. Transient centrals are normal, especially in REM.

Like always, I hope this helps. Hopefully you feel more rested tomorrow. I'll make sure to check on your data and see how it looks afterwards.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airtouch f20 tearing after a few days yankees123 41 10,522 7 hours ago
Last Post: frankzappa
  Started noticing dry mouth in the morning BionicSpud 13 208 9 hours ago
Last Post: eok361
  Two Days In RegenHealth 3 85 Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] ASV AHI between 0-1 but still tired some days Melkarid 4 204 09-24-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Melkarid
  [CPAP] Got Oscar a few days ago, would love help understanding what i can fix DryWallProspector 5 180 09-22-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [CPAP] Used for 60 days, want to eliminate RERA/awake [Reposted with correct format] a29988122 7 450 09-20-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  53 days in, what does my data say? FrontRanger 3 208 09-14-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: FrontRanger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.