Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed's RMA Process: A Cautionary Tale
Exclaimation 
Resmed's RMA Process: A Cautionary Tale
For those who may remember, I was active around June of this year in the Resmed AirSense 11 OTA update threads. I finally have closure.

After a frustrating five-month wait, my A11 CPAP issues were resolved. Resmed initially addressed a minor overheating issue but ignored the lack of auto-updates. As Philips Respironics has exited the CPAP market, Resmed has become the dominant player, and their customer service seems to have suffered. 

My machine had to be sent back twice due to Resmed's apparent negligence. Despite my DME's insistence on the fact the of OTA updates weren't being received my CPAP there was extensive gaslighting and stonewalling on the part of Resmed, frustrating my DME. 

I changed DMEs to this one and that was a battle too because the DME that I had previously for over 20 years was bought by an unethical private health company buying up as many sleep centres as possible. Unfortunately, many clinics bought by this company are not customer-focused, have unscrupulous and unethical managment, and experience high staff turnover.

During this time, I used my A10. For some reason though, the SD card data and events couldn't be loaded in Sleephead which I preferred because it actually split correctly my sleep patterns (after 12 pm) into one session. This seems to be a limitation within Oscar. At the end, I had to use Oscar anyway to extract the data which it had no issue with. I read a rant in this board from Mark about his Sleephead software and it's a pity things didn't end well. 

A few weeks ago, I was informed that Resmed could not repair my machine and would be replacing it. However, the new machine I received today had software from December 2023. Fortunately, an OTA update was pushed shortly after enabling DME check-in. 

It's intersting how my SD card with previous settings did not transfer to the new machine. This was unexpected but my DME warned me.  

For those needing an RMA for their AirSense, be prepared for a lengthy process. Additionally, Resmed has confirmed that OTA updates in North America will [not] continue beyond the device's warranty period, unlike in other regions. My warranty expires at the end of January. In Canada, we have a three year warranty unlike in many other parts. 

Now, if only Oscar can sort my data into one session which is invaluable for shift workers and those who work grave yard shifts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed's RMA Process: A Cautionary Tale
For what it's worth, CPAP updates from ResMed come very few and very far between. So there's not much affected for this issue. I think there's only been a small amount of OTA ever done with ResMed devices that I'm aware of. Like low single digit instances.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed's RMA Process: A Cautionary Tale
There seems to be a few updates over the years: https://support.resmed.com/en-us/ota-updates/#update

I just looked over my Oscar settings and there's wrong info saying Reamed blocks session splitting when that's clearly not the case. With Sleephead it's disabled by default (don't split summary days) and works great with my 10. When I import the data into Oscar, it splits the session without any option to disable. Clearly that's an Oscar limitation not Resmeds.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 256 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Question: New Machine - Registration Process with DME Aldebaran 8 1,567 03-25-2022, 09:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Cautionary tale Dream Station 2 Ponydriver 28 5,476 03-14-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New to CPAP, new to Oscar, starting the learning process redi 0 670 08-18-2021, 10:07 AM
Last Post: redi
  Extended high flow limits -- what process is going on? cathyf 20 2,424 06-13-2021, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Medication, a cautionary tale tinyobject 4 1,235 09-11-2020, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Tale of Two Masks: The Good and the Bad gregger 21 4,388 07-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Last Post: gregger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.