Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Looking for some help.
Looking for some help.
Hello everyone. I have been on CPAP for a few months now and I honestly cannot tell if it is making a difference. I have been trying to learn the Oscar software to try and optimize my CPAP therapy but was hoping someone could look at my data. My machine started at a minimum pressure of 5 and my ahi was between 5-6. I bumped it up to 8 and it lowered my ahi a few points. The last couple of nights I bumped it up to 9 and it lowered quite significantly from 2.68 to 0.75. I'm a newbie so please forgive my ignorance if I'm doing this all wrong lol. thanks in advance for any input.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for some help.
Welcome to ApneaBoard, Joshua.  Your strategy seems to have worked.  With 9 Min EPAP, your chart looks pretty good.  Pressure went up a little bit more than that during the night, but your chart looks good.  Your tidal volume is a little low at 360 I think.  If your charts look this good though, you probably don't need to worry about it.  

If you every see "clusters" of OA's or H's (several of them in a row together close) that probably means positional apnea.  Lowering pillow height, changing sleeping position (ex:  from on back to on side), or even getting a soft cervical collar to prevent chin tucking which causes the clusters.  By your 2nd chart though, you don't need any of these things.   

Great job.  Keep posting some more to see if this is a trend.  Several nights like this, and you can be confident you have your settings very close to being optimized.  

It may take some time to feel better from using cpap at night.  Rarely does a person feel significantly better after a very short time of using it initially.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking for some help.
Awesome. Thanks so much for the reply. I will keep settings as is and continue to monitor. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.