Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Louwho therapy thread
Louwho therapy thread
I have been on CPAP for a number of years, in particular on non-vented nostril masks.  That is where you use wax to seal the venting holes in the mask, and use a whisper swivel at the connection to the CPAP hose, for exhalation.  Dry mouth and a change of doctors and him wanting me to go to a vented mask is why I am here getting information.  A full face mask, with the pressure on the nose bridge really bothers me, so that is why I have tried the Evora mask.

I tried it again last night (for a short period), and it is just a sooo very different experience for me.  Staring with the air coming out on top, and being able to feeling it on my chest if the angle is correct, and, I can hear the CPAP machine basically recycle every time I breath in (I don't hear that with the non-vented nostril mask). Do others hear that, or is it related to the ResMed AirSense 10 only?  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Louwho therapy thread
Is this what you are talking about? 

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ace_(EERS)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the nasal mask image is basically what I have.. No exhalation directly from the mask, and I never hear the machine recycle like it does when I breath in using the Evora full face mask.  Do others hear their machines recycle (push out the air), when they breath in?
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean in general or when using the EERS gadgets?
Post Reply Post Reply
When I try to use the Evora full face mask, I use it like everyone else does.  Exhalation on top, no wax in holes, no whisper swivel at the main hose connection.  When others who use the Evora full face mask breath in, can they hear the CPAP machine recycle?  I have never heard that when using the nostril  mask and whisper swivel.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the EERS setup, it will likely relocate the exhaust sound. It also artificially loads up your CO2. With some CPAP users, this is to avoid Central Apnea triggers. However I've never heard of EERS style setup to only avoid noise.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HenryECole81 - Therapy Thread HenryECole81 32 1,187 4 hours ago
Last Post: HenryECole81
  HarleyGirl63 - Therapy Thread HarleyGirl63 13 860 5 hours ago
Last Post: HarleyGirl63
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 134 5,836 6 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 32 3,064 Yesterday, 09:08 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 60 2,788 10-14-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  LuminousOne Therapy Thread LuminousOne 31 1,666 10-14-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 127 5,723 10-13-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.