Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine Increases Pressure Without Input
Machine Increases Pressure Without Input
My Resmed AirSense 10 with Autoset (2-3 years old) is set to 4 psi as a default; that setting works just fine for me.  It has a humidifier, and I must use it or I will "dry out".  

Frequently during my sleep, the pressure increases to the point that it wakes me up (often 7 psi and sometimes 9 psi, according to the screen).  I must then turn the machine off, restart it and hope that it does not again increase the pressure; it often does.

So:  why does it do this and what can I do about it?  I would rather not send it in for service unless absolutely necessary as I do not have a "backup machine".  Please feel free to ask any questions necessary; I really need to get back to getting a good night's sleep.

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine Increases Pressure Without Input
You likely are using the default settings, which rarely work long-term. Post some OSCAR charts and we can help. The links explaining how and what to post is in my signature under “Organise your OSCAR charts”. There is also a link there on how to download and install OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
The OSCAR Chart instructions that you posted appear to extremely complex for a non-high-tech guy such as I.  Do you happen to have a simplified "Cliff's Notes" version for those of us who are only marginally computer-savvy?

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Initially, the graphs we need to see are:  Events, Pressure, Flow Rate, Flow Limitation and the Leak Rate Graph.  Always include the entire left side bar, minus the calendar and pie graph.  

Set your display to the Standard view.  
(View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
Take a screenshot of your Daily screen.
   * For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
   * For a Mac: Use Fn+F12 or cmd-space-3
Post Reply Post Reply
You must have it set to Auto mode.  The Resmed responds to flow limitations by increasing the pressure.  The factory default setting is 4cm to 20cm, wide open.  Evidently, your maximum pressure is set too high.   If 4cm is what you desire, set your maximum pressure to about 6 to allow for some flow limitation.  Or, you could set it to the CPAP mode with a static pressure setting to 4cm.

Since this question deals with your therapy, I have merged it into your therapy thread. Please use this thread for all therapy related posts.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Crimson!

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
From reading some of the Oscar chart info, looks like this info can be uploaded to a computer. How does the Resmed machine hook up to the computer? The machine is in a different location from the computer, so its not as easy for me to just go to the next room. I am guessing that by hooking it to a computer port that I can easily get to these charts?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need a SD card in your Cpap while sleeping.  32gb should be fine.

The SD card is what you use to transfer the data to the OSCAR program.

Does your pc computer have a card reader?  If not, they are fairly cheap on Amazon or any big box store.

Download the free OSCAR software.  Set up a profile.  Now you'll be ready after the first night with the SD card recording your every breath.  

We need to see a Screenshot from the Daily page in OSCAR.  
Organize that Screenshot according to instructions in this link.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Set your display to the Standard view.  
(View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
Take a screenshot of your Daily screen.
   * For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
   * For a Mac: Use Fn+F12  

Once Screenshot is organized, use the Attachment Feature to post your data here.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_Board
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Increases in pressure not stopping OAs? Positional apnea? imtiqurr 10 354 08-29-2024, 06:15 PM
Last Post: imtiqurr
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 295 275,915 08-29-2024, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Kamryn
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 136 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5
  Z2 increases pressure on leak; ResMed 11 doesn't SkySleep 7 292 07-13-2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: SkySleep
  Input after two weeks TacoCat 2 265 06-24-2024, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] New here and would like input Fgav2402 3 253 06-16-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can anyone with Airfit P10 Give input Alfons 8 537 05-14-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: AshSF

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.