Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)?
Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)?
Hi everyone,

I've been searching online for information on how to properly clean my Airsense CPAP machine, but I haven't found much guidance. I'm not referring to cleaning the mask, tube, or other accessories, but the actual machine itself.

Should I be using a slightly damp cloth to wipe down the exterior of the machine?  However, I'm concerned about cleaning the electronic screen with a wet cloth, as I don't want to cause any electrical issues or damage to the device.

If someone can help me and let me know  the proper way to clean the CPAP machine, I would greatly appreciate your advice and tips. I want to ensure that I'm maintaining my machine correctly without causing any unintentional harm.

Thanks in advance for your help, and I look forward to hearing from the community!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)?
Once a week, I use a soft (lint free) dry dusting cloth and dust lightly over the outside of the machine. I never use anything wet on the machine itself.

If you do that and change your filter once or twice a month, your Cpap will be fine.

Now, with that said, if your Cpap is exposed to smoke or pet hair, you would have to be more vigilant with dusting, especially if you have allergies.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Resmed Airsense 10 Cleaning and Maintenance"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGjFMrV7Meo
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. everyone for the help and input...Really apprecaite it!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I cannot stand cleaning this thing SleepyAF 8 262 09-30-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed 11 Water Chamber cyburns1 10 1,599 09-26-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 301 278,603 09-25-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Halian
  [Equipment] How frequently to you do a deep mask cleaning? seepapnyc 9 367 09-15-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  [Equipment] overnight cover: machine, hose and mask? seepapnyc 9 335 09-15-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 11 1,842 09-13-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 591 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.