Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user, looking for help understanding OSCAR
New CPAP user, looking for help understanding OSCAR
I have been using CPAP for a about a month and a half.  My AHI is typically around 1 and I have been lucky to adapt quicker than I expected to the therapy.  Since I am still new (and also a data nerd), I am really trying to learn how to interpret my OSCAR data and, if necessary, optimize settings as needed.  I use a AirSense 11 without humidity and a N30 mask (size small).  Pressure range 10-16, Ramp time- Auto, Start pressure- 4, EPR-on, EPR Type- Full time, EPR level-3, Tube temp-off.  For about the past week, I have seen an increase in the CA events.  I just changed my filter and washed the hose and mask yesterday.  I have included yesterday's graphs here and would appreciate any advice, or even education, you can provide.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user, looking for help understanding OSCAR
Your therapy looks good.  You slept straight through for more than ten hours.  Wonderful!  I suggest you turn ramp off.  You get no real therapy during ramp, and if you get out of bed for any reason, when you return to bed ramp begins again, cheating you out of therapy.

I see you have some CAs.  If there were not a significant number of them in your sleep study, they are treatment-emergent and will lessen as time passes.

It would help us if you changed your Oscar chart a little.  We only need to see the first page.  Only show succeeding pages or enlargements of small time frames if someone asks to see them.  Also on that first page, we need to see the following items, in the order listed:

Event Flags
Flow Rate
Pressure
Leak Rate
Flow Limits

We need to be able to read to the very bottom of the flow limits portion.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response.  I will turn off the Ramp tonight and see how that works.  I rearranged the OSCAR layout for posting.

Re the CAs, I have to look back to my sleep study.  I only had an at home test and will check into the different events that it detailed.  Part of the reason that I posted was that I had seen an increase in the CAs in the past week or so.  for the first ~month of using CPAP I never had more than 1-2 per night but it looks like there might be an uptick lately.

Thanks again for the suggestion about the Ramp.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The chart is just right now.  Thanks for fixing it. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 10 448 Today, 02:56 AM
Last Post: sleepadventure
  Understanding sleep study results Moemah123 11 263 Yesterday, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleep Apnea CPAP/OSCAR/OSA/CA trish1028 1 176 09-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 164 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 5 375 09-07-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] Help with treatment, questions, approach, understanding UsuallyTired 28 1,291 09-07-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  New to CPAP and OSCAR BSA25 3 186 09-06-2024, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.