Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

N30i sticks and then deforms
N30i sticks and then deforms
Have not managed a full night with mask. Around 3am I wake up because the silicon cushion is sticking to my nose, which is sweating. Movement or trying to adjust it results in leaks that I can't fix. 
The first part of the night it's very comfortable. 
Do I have to remove it, wipe it and my nose down, wait for it to dry and then replace it on my head? Insomnia is a problem and if I just remove it I can get back to sleep.
Reducing humidity helped a little. Maybe I'll try going drier, though the moisture doesn't seem to be coming from the air.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: N30i sticks and then deforms
Padacheek on our "Supplier's List" link at the top of the page makes custom mask liners.  I have not checked, but they may make one for your particular mask. 

Also, Amazon, etc. sell many generic mask liners.  I have personally found them to decrease discomfort, and decrease leaks slightly by filling in any tiny gaps between the silicone and my face.

You could even try some material you have laying around cut out as best as possible in the mean time for a stop-gap.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Aw425, the problem may partly be related to the humidity. Have you tried setting the climate control to Auto or even off? Using the P30i may be a solution as well. I had to switch from the N30i to the P30i mainly because of leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I'll try reducing/eliminating the humidity and see what happens.

Jay51, I hadn't thought of a liner.  Don't see any that are specifically for the N30i, but I'll try fabricating something if humidity adjustments don't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too tried the N30i but it slid around and leaked. I switched to the P30i, which uses the same headgear, and the problem was solved. The pillows work way better than the sling.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port asterisk 1 272 08-05-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Changing n30i for p30i mickapoo 6 349 07-31-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  correct setting with n20,n30 or n30i yankees123 22 6,765 06-05-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Resmed N30i/P30i mask frame sleeve ctgagnon 2 402 05-16-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 5 942 05-03-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Earl1095
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,795 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 8,652 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.