Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows
RE: Nasal Pillows
Hi Auggie Doggie Welcome
I had a bought last week where my pillows rubbed a sore inside my nose, or maybe an ingrown hair, who knows, but the bottom line is that man my nose hurt for a few days. I started using a tube of Neosporin +Pain that I had and within 2 days it cleared up. Now Neosporin is pretty high in petro product so I wouldn't want to use if for more than a few days as it could start breaking down the material the mask is made of, but for a few days to get me over the hump, it sure worked well! I made sure to wash my nasal pillows really well every day to get that stuff off of them and I think it only took like 3 days to clear up, once I gave in and started using the Neosporin that is! LOL! Not sure why the irritation developed, it just happens.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
I too had sore nostrils when I first started cpap. I was told by medical supply store to get Ayr saline nasal gel. Wow it works. It will not affect your nasal pillow material. I use a little before putting mask on. I still get an occaisional sore then use the gel during the day. Works for me. I bought it at Walmart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wdw777 and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Another thing you can use is HPA Lanolin, which is found in most stores in the baby isle, You just put a LITTLE bit on a Q-tip and swav it into your nostriles before you put your pillows in. However, if what you are doing works for you, just keep doing what you are doing.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

I started with a ResMed Mirage FX Hybrid Mask. It was ok but the Nasal Pillow part did hurt my nose some nights .

I did a several week test of the ResMed Swift FX Nasal Pillow mask and the Fisher and Pakel Pilairo Nasal Pillow Mask....
Both of them work well but the Swift FX has the same type of pillows as the Quattro FX and although it gave me lower AHI and Leaks than the Pilairo I went for the Pilairo for comfort. It is so minimal it looks like it couldn't work but it is supposed to be rated to 20cm.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Congestion Rgn3 18 2,207 09-04-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] F&P Nova Micro nasal pillows mask carnuntum 2 287 08-26-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: carnuntum
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 246 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slight Mouth Leaks With Nasal Pillows Airfit P10 - Change Mask? stevesleep 6 433 08-08-2024, 12:59 PM
  How often to change P10 pillows Cranberry Ray 32 8,313 08-07-2024, 03:12 AM
Last Post: ahuman
  Those who tried Airfit P10 nasal pillows, plz help 40plus 14 910 06-03-2024, 12:52 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  AirSense 11 w/pillows IOWIN1979 2 503 05-07-2024, 11:57 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.