Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs
'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs
OK, been having a time trying to find something, so if anyone can help, that would be great.

I would love to see a flowrate graph, generated by Oscar, not textbook, that shows near-perfect smooth breathing without any spikes or turbulence save for the few periods of REM. More specifically  Smile, I would like to see two...one being a complete night view, and the other being a zoomed in 2 minute view in order to see the smoothness and consistent peaks and valleys of each breath.

And to be sure, no one wants to know any specific info or personal or medical info, just a good example please Smile.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs
A bit more specific, you mean an actual example of class 1 flow morphology?
I’ve often wondered if they exist in the “real world”
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=59425 Wrote:dataq1 pid='502196' dateline='1707535803']A bit more specific, you mean an actual example of class 1 flow morphology?
I’ve  often wondered if they exist in the “real world”

Uhhh, class 1 flow morphology? Smile. You got me on that one. Please see attached and see if that helps explain this request. Thanks.

Attached Files
.pdf   Breath flowrate graphs.pdf (Size: 112.61 KB / Downloads: 26)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes , your depicted “nice breath” is very close to what some medical journal articles refer to as class 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2024, 03:59 PM)dataq1 Wrote: Yes , your depicted “nice breath” is very close to what some medical journal articles refer to as class 1.

Yep, then that is what I am looking for, a real world example of someone on PAP, or not, and their airflow traces that look real quiet and smooth and subtle and easy like Sunday morning Smile. There has to be some examples out there, and I would love to have to serve as a goal to shoot for, realistically that is. Know where I could find some of these examples? Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if this counts as "near perfect" as I have quite a few spikes, but it's getting closer. Even in the sections that are smooth, there is a slight waviness to the strip when slightly zoomed in. Pressure 8.2-13 w/ EPR 3 5 min ramp

[Image: attachment.php?aid=59417]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=59447]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Techie! So you have some smoooooth breaths there, and simply on a APAP device with EPR 3? So do these breaths represent most of your sleep, or what would you guess?
Post Reply Post Reply
The above night was definitely my best by far (back up to almost 4 AHI today), but I still have a lot of interruptions to that pattern with spikes, see attached. They seem to occur every 10 minutes or so. Maybe that's normal.  I felt better than usual, which makes today's brain fog feel hard.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Graphs Showing Up Since July 21 Brennie 15 321 07-27-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: dwlewis
  [Treatment] Anyone want to try helping with luna G3 graphs Chrisr 38 1,646 06-21-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Chrisr
  [How to] How to achieve the perfect mask fit - GUARANTEED! SuperSleeper 51 52,456 06-01-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: lunatobin
  Help me interpret OSCAR graphs meskallito 4 328 05-23-2024, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Which graphs are most important? RonM39 6 440 05-05-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: dboom
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 14 3,391 04-29-2024, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Cam12
  Flow Rate and Flow Limit Graphs ovmeadows 21 3,615 04-28-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Jonkier

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.