Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need best way to secure my hose/tube
Need best way to secure my hose/tube
I am in a dilemma with my current mask/hose(tube) .  When I switched masks from FF mask to hybrid FF mask I am now finding tube is pulling mask from my face if I let it dangle over my bed -  It is placed currently right on a night stand next to my bed.  I have to pull it towards me and keep it on my bed tucked under my hands for it to stay in position.   I have tried taping it down on bed  (Has not worked ) -  Any suggestions about keeping tube/hose closest to my mask cushion as to stay secure and not pull away from me when I sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need best way to secure my hose/tube
Instead of using the commercial spring-based tube holder, which applies increasing force when the tube moves further away, I developed my gravity-based tool, which provides a steady lift independent of the mask position.
I installed a about 1.5-meter-long rod on the head of my bedframe and a pulley on its top. I drove a fishline over the pulley. A small water container hangs on one of the ends, and the second end is secured to the middle of the hose. The water container contains water, which precisely balances the weight of the hose and the mask. Hence, the mask is not pulled up and does not go down either. Because of the long rod, the fishline can easily follow any sidewise position.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need best way to secure my hose/tube
Amazon sells lots of cpap hose holder, or lifters.  I use one and it keeps the hose totally and comfortably out of my way.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hose sliding off mask Dawei 16 15,201 07-26-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: amx1966
  Airfit P10 nasal pillow+tube > Resmed S11 heated tubing, which adapter? NightOwl42 8 335 07-25-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  [Equipment] Shortest hose or Adapter? ryans081 0 131 07-10-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: ryans081
  Heated tube hevy6 1 181 06-22-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New hose smell runcyclexcski 7 336 06-22-2024, 12:51 AM
Last Post: BobinHI
  Resmed Climateline Vs Oxy Hose Akeyla 7 396 06-11-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Still Having Issues With Hose Placement DavyP49 8 845 06-10-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.