Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy
Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy
Hi,

I've been diagnosed with OSA, ~20 AHI and have been using CPAP for around 10 months. For the first few months, I've already got pretty good results (AHI < 2), and even better results at the moment (AHI < 1). However, I've a problem waking up many times (>5 times) in the early morning everyday, and feeling very sleepy and tired in the afternoon. I'm not sure if the CPAP affects my REM sleep in the early morning and wake me up. Please help with your opinion and suggestion.

Thank you in advance

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy
Welcome

Your leaks are very high.  They are high enough to interfere with your therapy and leave you feeling lousy.  You may need to work on mask fitting or try a different mask or a different type of mask.  Generally, full-face masks leak the most, nasal masks leak less, and nasal pillows masks leak the least.

You also have high flow limits.  You can control this by using the Philips version of EPR, I think it is called flex.  Turn it up as high as it will go.  Flow limits are short-term, unreported apneas, and we want to get them as low as possible.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy
Thank you very much for your advice, Deborah. I'm currently using Resmed P10 nasals pillow mask. I'm not sure if using Resmed mask with Philips CPAP is the reason why the leak is high, but I'll try different settings to see if the leak is lower.

As for the high flow limits, I've already used FLEX 3 (highest) on my CPAP. Is there any other ways to reduce the number of flow limits?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Sleep Study Results cjk422 8 169 5 hours ago
Last Post: cjk422
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 42 1,855 Yesterday, 09:46 AM
Last Post: alemon
  Alarming results on oscar Lucy84 9 246 09-23-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Lucy84
  AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth yngwiej 15 764 09-21-2024, 06:24 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Understanding sleep study results Moemah123 11 352 09-18-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Scored well but still Sleepy Zip Van Winkle 16 818 09-16-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Zip Van Winkle
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 210 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.