Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help figuring out why severe sleep fragmentation from 3-7 am even on autopap
Wink 
Need help figuring out why severe sleep fragmentation from 3-7 am even on autopap
Hi- I have Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome. I was told this at my first sleep study. Then I got a second opinion and he said I do Not have a sleep breathing problem and that I have alpha intrusion into delta sleep. Very frustrating being told the exact opposite by 2 very good sleep doctors!! I went with the first Dr opinion and now I’m on resmed 11 autopap pressure 5-10.  I sleep fine from 11-3.  But for years, after 3 my sleep is very poor quality and extremely fragmented.  My whole body is restless and I toss and turn and feel very uncomfortable from 3-7 am.  I’ve tried Everything out there and can’t get it to stop. (I have ptsd and anxiety disorder too which I get therapy for). At this point I want to know First- from looking at my data- do I even have a sleep breathing issue?? And second- by looking at my data, is my machine not picking up or fixing something (hypopneas?) that is leaving me so restless and tossing turning every 5 minutes from 3-7? I dream like crazy too.  Both sleep tests said I did not have restless leg syndrome (had a few but not enough to qualify as disorder).  Also I have the sd card and a Mac computer but I’m not good with tech. How can I put my data on here for everyone to see and help me figure all this out? (They’ve sent me a link about Oscar befire ore but I need someone to walk me through step by step please.  (And yes I’ve asked drs these questions above and they have not known why my sleep is still horribly restless the second half of the night)
Thanks so much
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help figuring out why severe sleep fragmentation from 3-7 am even on autopap
You have the download link and the SD card, so you are off to a good start.

Here is the Wiki for installing on a Mac.
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._Apple_Mac

Running OSCAR for the first time:
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...first_time

Also, read the links in my signature for taking screenshots and posting images here. A "heads-up", to take a screenshot while in OSCAR on a Mac, use the Fn+F12 key combo.

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help figuring out why severe sleep fragmentation from 3-7 am even on autopap
I did not know that something like alpha intrusion into delta exist.
I have similar pattern of sleep, first half is okay but then it is really fragmented,waking up every 5-10minutes with dreaming in that. Overall felling is fatigue all day.
Did your doctor offer any remedy for that? Was he somnologist?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Symptoms] Severe Aerophagia Ottoman1453 1 95 07-02-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Severe CSA: my astounding results with mouth taping volty 24 1,453 06-29-2024, 07:03 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Sleep position affecting sleep test AHI/OSA classification Fox66 7 190 06-21-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 8 749 05-21-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
Sad error on resmed 11 severe air leak forzalazio 5 487 05-10-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: forzalazio
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 5 433 04-30-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 284 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.