Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp?
RE: Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp?
You can buy most masks and mask parts on Amazon with no prescription.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp?
If you're really strapped for cash, you can consider searching on the secondhand market. People "fail" CPAP and sell their machines, this is possible to do without the buyer showing a prescription. Any machine under 1000 hours of runtime is in like-new condition unless obviously abused. Airsense 10 is a good choice, if you wake up gasping for air you most likely have obstructive apnea so it's worth starting there. Not too much of a risk with a secondhand machine in that case, if you need to upgrade to ASV you can sell the APAP for similar to what you paid in the first place.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the help everyone! I've been video recording myself in my sleep, and I know that it's not by a doctor or anything, but from what I can tell it seems like I am breathing throughout the night, my chest is moving, etc. So hopefully it's not central, I'm going to take the risk and just buy the machine everyone recommends.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Recently diagnosed with UARS and prescribed Bilevel. Need help with settings. cloudwalker 5 495 09-27-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  Help with Sleep Study Results cjk422 8 265 09-25-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: cjk422
Question Does Covid worsen sleep apnea? Unkikonki 3 244 09-22-2024, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Mild sleep apnea, doctor recommended a dental appliance but not sure how to proceed. MysticEcho 5 236 09-20-2024, 08:04 AM
Last Post: nightgagger
  Understanding sleep study results Moemah123 11 400 09-18-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Feeling Worse After Successful CPAP Use kaizer989 10 485 09-16-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Health] redoing my sleep study: weight loss, medication, etc. and insurance? human 1 151 09-15-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: human

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.