Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New aircurve 10 ASV adjustment
New aircurve 10 ASV adjustment
I purchased a new aircurve 10 ASV to replace my dreamstation ASV. I believe it’s a 2016. First of SN 2216
First use will be tonight. 
I set up the pressure  same as the dreamstation. 23-10.4-15-5-10. Scrolling through the menu I don’t see any EPR settings. I use flex 1 on the dreamstation and want to make sure it is turned down or off but I don’t see it. Maybe this machine doesn’t have it. 
Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New aircurve 10 ASV adjustment
The Resmed does not use Flex. Easybreathe is standard on that machine and it created a characteristic flow-wave that looks like most other resmed machines with rapid initial pressure increase, slowing as it reaches the peak, then falling off steeply and easing into the end of expiration. It looks like a cresting wave. The Resmed also uses Pacewave which times the I:E trigger/cycle to match your own rate, so there is not BPM setting. The default BPM is 15, but auto-adjusts.

Good luck with the new machine, it will be interesting to hear your impressions. Just to clarify, you're using 10.4 EPAP min, 23.0 maximum IPAP, PS 5 to 15. What is the 10? Assume you are in ASVauto mode?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So this machine doesn’t have EPR or flex?
23 was max pressure on the dreamstation 
10.4 min epap 
15 max epap 
5 min pressure support 
10 pressure support up
Doesn’t look like there’s a max pressure setting on the air curve.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were asking about the maximum pressure, I believe the Resmed Aircurve Bi-Level can go up to 25cm and the Resmed ASV can go up to 30cm.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And yes I’m in ASV auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
in autoasv mode, I've seen the combination of max epap and max ps (= max ipap) on my aircurve 10 asv reported in statistics up to 33cm but it won't actually go above 25cm. I've only recently started experimenting with asv mode (the difference being a single epap setting vs min/max epap settings in autoasv mode) so I'm not sure if asv mode is also limited to 25cm or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just noticing that there wasn’t a EPR adjustment on the aircurve.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2018, 05:19 PM)Mark Sadler Wrote: So this machine doesn’t have EPR or flex?
23 was max pressure on the dreamstation 
10.4 min epap 
15 max epap 
5 min pressure support 
10 pressure support up
Doesn’t look like there’s a max pressure setting on the air curve.

The maximum pressure for the Aircurve 10 ASV is the sum of EPAP max plus Max PS, so in this case 25-cm.  The only settings are:
EPAP min 10.4
EPAP max 15.0
PS min 5.0
PS max 10.0

These settings should give you at least as good results as you had with the BiPAP Auto SV.  It's possible, you can reduce some of the pressure settings and then titrate from there.  Let me know if you want to see a titration matrix for ASV.  I would expect you could perhaps drop EPAP min back to 8.0 since the pressure is a bit quicker to increase for obstructive (UA) events.

(09-19-2018, 06:53 PM)Mark Sadler Wrote: I was just noticing that there wasn’t a EPR adjustment on the aircurve.

EPR is only available on the CPAP models or Airsense 10 series.  On Aircurve 10 models we use pressure support (PS).  In your case with the minimum EPAP of 10.4 and minimum PS of 5.0 the minimum pressure is 15.4/10.4.  Essentially that is an EPR of 5, but that's an awfully confusing way to look at it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
No I understand that stuff.  Been doing my own settings sense February. 
Thank you all for the replies. I use sleepy head and will post the difference between the machines, if any.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning
I  tried my new Aircurve 10 ASV the last two nights. AHI was 3.9 and 4.5 last night .[ I was using a Dreamstation ASV for the last 6 months, averaged around AHI 8]
I like the aircurve 10 ASV better. It is more aggressive. It's not as quiet as the dreamstation, or maybe it's just a different noise. Either way it's quite!
I'v been using the Dreamstation and Aircurve on the same Sleepyhead program. I'm using the sleepy head version that works with the dream station. I belive its 1.1.0 says unstable in the heading. Anyway I'm getting about 1/2 the flags with the Resmed that I get with the Dreamstation. I only get LL, OA, UA, and H on the Resmed . There is No option in flags to choose other flags. I haven't figured out all the directions on posting attchments or would have sent a sleepy head graph.
I'm sure its a simple fix, but I cant figure it out.
Is there a different sleepyhead I should be using?
Thanks everyone
Hope you ALL have a Blessed Week End Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Mod Note] Are There Any Aircurve 11 ST ot ST-A Users? Crimson Nape 0 82 Yesterday, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO turning itself off and on throughout the night?? 17WRX 4 138 09-29-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: 17WRX
  acquired an aircurve vauto 10/self titrating eok361 9 396 09-26-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: eok361
  How should I set up my AirCurve 10 Vauto Josephkpc 14 553 09-25-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AHI very high after switching from Dreamstation to Aircurve 10 mu50256 16 798 09-23-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: mu50256
  Aircurve 10 ASV kbjames 5 264 09-21-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: kbjames
  [CPAP] Oscar Data after pressure adjustment Tabster 5 269 09-19-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.