Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New and Disappointed
RE: New and Disappointed
(01-25-2018, 05:08 PM)JoLyn Wrote: Thank you All! I have been reading on here for a month or so, learning quite a bit. I have read the links you posted Walla. I will be getting a ResMed 10 machine. I am not sure of the details yet but will know more within about a week. 

A friend's computer or the library are my only options. My old Dell's power supply is what died and I don't know if I want to put more money into an 11-year-old desktop! The graphics card didn't look so good when I opened it up ... sort of corroded looking.

I appreciate all of your help and ideas. And I am glad to have this forum to come to with my issues. I am sure when I get my machine I will have a bunch of questions!

Grateful ... JL
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a learning curve about posting, quoting, etc., here on these boards!!!  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 05:08 PM)JoLyn Wrote: I will be getting a ResMed 10 machine.

Here are 2 different ResMed 10 machines (there are others) One you do not want, the other you do.  I highly suggest that you confirm the exact model you expect to be getting.  I highly recommend that you ensure you get the AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine.

AirStart™ 10 Auto CPAP with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (you do NOT want this machine) $400 retail May 2017

• Compliance Data to SD Card

• NO detailed efficacy data, which is used to identify alterations and tweaking of your treatment.

• Operation Modes

• Fixed CPAP only
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier $883 retail May 2017

• Compliance Data to SD Card

• Advanced Data

• Operation Modes

• Fixed CPAP

• APAP

• Detailed breath by breath data indicating how you are responding to all breathing events thru the night

• Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 05:08 PM)JoLyn Wrote: ....I will be getting a ResMed 10 machine. I am not sure of the details yet but will know more within about a week. 

A friend's computer or the library are my only options. ....

I sometimes have to use the library for computer stuff.... Here's the problem: you generally can't install a software. And, unless someone can correct me, SleepyHead would need to be installed on the computer. I don't believe you could use the app from a thumb drive, and even if you could, the library might not let you use a thumb drive. I have to be hideously creative every time I go to the library.

If you're in a small town and know the librarian, you may have an easier time....

The Resmed 10 you'll likely want is: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset (maybe the "for Her" model). You need all of those words for the model. Don't accept a used one, either!
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a new Wiki article, not finished yet,  read it and ask questions.  
I just want you to have a good experience and be successful in your treatment.

Dealing with a DME

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
A power supply--especially if used or generic--would not be a large expense. Worth being able to run Sleepyhead IMO, even if the PC were not much use for anything else.

Do get a full data capable machine. Hopefully a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset.

Libraries are unlikely to allow patrons to download programs. A friend, family member, or friendly neighbor might work.

Another solution that I wonder about, but am not sure is possible, could a user pull the raw files from the SD card using a Chromebook, and then share the raw files via Google Drive with a third person, who would import them in as a separate username? I not sure if this would work. Anyone?

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
SpyCar....

Per your last paragraph, wouldn't it be the same difference whether you loaded your SD card onto a card reader and handed it over to a friend to stick in his/her computer OR loaded the data off your SD card onto your Chromebook and handed the Chromebook to a friend? The friend would still have to have SleepyHead installed on the PC? Or maybe I'm not getting this.

I agree that a generic power supply probably wouldn't be prohibitive. It would also make the PC available for word processing niceties and doing taxes....
Post Reply Post Reply
If it was just to post results on the board here the files could be uploaded to G-mail and sent to one of us to download onto sleepyhead and than post.

Of course I don't know if the OP would want to do that. If so they could PM one of us and ask. Just a thought.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 05:11 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: JoLyn, Anytime and Good luck.

sonicboom,  Chromebook is web based. It can't download programs.

it can go to MyAir
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it can go to myAir, which is an online app.

Is it possible to send the files by Gmail, Walla Walla? Just curious.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  disappointed in airsense 11 after 12 years with S9 Rejackson 4 2,636 04-06-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Disappointed in my sleep Doc Sleepstarved 27 4,217 12-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Totally Disappointed bricki 23 4,420 06-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: bricki
  Disappointed with rising AHI SpeedyD 8 2,952 02-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Last Post: SpeedyD
  Disappointed with Doc, am I asking too much?? murf2499 19 7,563 02-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Sleep87
  Disappointed with my new F&P Icon Premo non-auto Hanrahan 9 3,499 09-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vsheline
  Disappointed Clementine 34 9,406 07-31-2014, 12:16 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.