Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Motorcycle bag for CPAP machine and Mask
Motorcycle bag for CPAP machine and Mask
Blessings,

I read a post from 2019 (I think) about a person who has a motorcycle bag that he carries his entire Resmed CPAP machine, completed with the humidifier and mask, on his Harley trips.  I recently started on my CPAP Resmed and have a motorcycle trip planned in September.  Can you tell me where I can purchase one or the name of the manufacturer/brand?  

Thank you!
Laura
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Motorcycle bag for CPAP machine and Mask
My ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet came with a carry / storage bag. It holds the machine, the humidifier tank, and has a compartment for a mask as well. 

It also has a shoulder strap and pockets for incidentals. 

You might find one for sale on EBAY and such. Maybe even Craig's List. I would think any DME supplier could get one for you.

Update: I checked on EBAY. They have them, new and used.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Blessings!

Thank you!  I do have the same bag... I didn't know if it was sturdy enough for the not-always-smooth ride! I'll just use that! 
Take care,
Laura
Post Reply Post Reply
It should be fine, although you may want to put it inside of another bag.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would use the bag that came with the Resmed, and put it in a dry bag. The kind that are used on canoes and other boats (not the kind that go in backpacks). They are burly and totally waterproof. You could drive through a puddle! Get a quality heavy duty one, like from REI. You could even wrap the Resmed bag in foam (like the corrugated kind you put on a bed) and put the whole thing in a dry bag. I know of a guy who rode his camera equipment in Mongolia in a dry bag. He was going to be riding a donated Yamaha motorbike, then turning it over to National Park officers to chase down poachers.

Ortlieb makes bicycle dry bags.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can use a Pelican case with pickable cubes which allow you to create custom areas in the shape of the device, and a generally open space for the tube and mask. Waterproof and close to indestructible.
Post Reply Post Reply
They also make mini sized cpap machines for travel if you were willing to spring for one. Would make a lot more sense than lugging around a full sized machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of good suggestions and tips.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks Embeeous 13 223 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] overnight cover: machine, hose and mask? seepapnyc 9 232 09-15-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 440 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [CPAP] (OSCAR) Results of first night with CPAP machine dnserror 1 178 08-29-2024, 08:16 AM
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 295 276,772 08-29-2024, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Kamryn
  [Equipment] Looking to buy my own CPAP machine mrjeswan 5 331 08-28-2024, 06:43 AM
Last Post: FLcracker
  (Canada) Air transat saying a CPAP machine is counted as a carry on deadboy 19 997 08-12-2024, 10:29 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.