Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP, High CA OSCAR review needed
New to CPAP, High CA OSCAR review needed
Hello, I'm 24 years old male from Japan. 162cm,70kg

Recently diagnosed with sleep apnea after a watchPAT test(returned AHI of 27) and waiting for at home PSG now.

I started CPAP therapy a few days ago and currently having trouble sleeping with mask on.

Also I am getting high amount of CA event and worried of having CSR-ish breathing

I want to know if these charts show any sign of serious condition, or is it merely a sign of me not being used to CPAP therapy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP, High CA OSCAR review needed
Welcome

Notice how all of your CSR flagged breathing lines up almost perfectly with increased mask leaks?  The leaks are the most likely reason for the CSR.  They are most likely false.  

Here are some tips to prevent mask leaks:  Mask Primer                    
  • Mask leak solutions                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Hopefully you won't have any more CSR after you fix the mask leaks.  
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum ArmedStag Smile

That's not quite 5 hours of a single chart but I'd like you to switch over to cpap mode, the CSRs look legitimate but you're having flow limits with the the cas and leakage issues, leaks are also caused by low pressure, not only by too high of a pressure, so please let's set your machine to cpap mode @ 12cm of constant pressure with EPR on @ 1 fulltime (this will level off the leak issues and show a cleaner waveform). Please try this tonight for 30 to 45 minutes before bed. You will have a more natural form of breathing and you should feel a bit better, CAs should also subside. If it feels too difficult to exhale let's drop pressure by 1cm to 11cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
to JAY51

Thank you for your advice!

But I don't really understand where of the chart CAs line up with leakage.
Also the machine didn't really flagged CSR, I am personally concerned if the waveforms look like CSR even if it is not flagged.

Can I ask for clarification?
Post Reply Post Reply
to Phaleronic

Thanks for your advice!

I'm going to try CPAP mode before I sleep and see if it works.

Also, does it really look like CSR? The machine did not flag it as CSR. 
Should I visit a cardiologist in case? I have no prior history of heart failure. I am extremely worried.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure ArmedStag.  By "line up" look up and down vertically at all of the charts on the right hand side (Events Flags chart, Pressure chart,  Flow rate chart, Flow limitations chart, leak chart, etc.)   When events like CA's occur, OSCAR gives significant clues as to why they are occurring.  Just line them up vertically by the particular time.  Just about every CA you had occurs when you have leaks.  CSR is a form of the most severe CA's.   

Hopefully, when/if you get the leaks under control, your CA's will diminish.

Edit:  you are correct.  The machine only flagged CA's and not CSR.  You don't have any CSR.  My agologies.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  re setting password on OSCAR needed sleepingbetterinFl 3 105 10-14-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Mcca21 - OSCAR Data Review Mcca21 16 749 10-10-2024, 08:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Finally have Oscar and want to make sure I am doing CPAP right! Danno220 6 239 10-06-2024, 12:31 PM
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 36 1,242 10-04-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: gregbe2000
  New User! Help Needed! Horrible Sinus Headaches. avogel333 2 194 10-03-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: avogel333
  WISDOM NEEDED srlevine1 4 233 10-02-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] 1 Week Usage - Help Needed GalaxyRoll 4 255 10-01-2024, 06:59 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.