Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to OSCAR and would love some feedback
New to OSCAR and would love some feedback
Hey gang, I've been a CPAP user for nearly 9 years (diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea; AHI = 14.7). I recently got the ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet and wanted to really get things dialed in. THEN I discovered OSCAR a few weeks ago and now I'm on a mission to improving things as much as possible. On average, my AHI is below 1, but sometimes I'll have a weird night where its significantly higher (see attachments).

I read the entire OSCAR guide before first using and I got some valuable info, but I'm still struggling to understand my data better. I see people talking about pressure changes and all sorts of things, and I'm not sure how to tell when that's needed. I've included the last 3 days of data and would love any feedback. I would also love it if anyone had any more info they could point me to on how to read all the different data points, since I really don't understand a lot of it. Thank you!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to OSCAR and would love some feedback
You would benefit from the following settings.
Minimum pressure: 9 cm, or better to have 10 cm if you can tolerate it. This setting mitigates the frequent pressure adjustment visible on your charts.
EPR: 3 cm, full-time. It helps you exhale better than with the current 2 cm setting.
Ramp: Off. So you can receive the treatment benefit full-time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to OSCAR and would love some feedback
I just changed the settings per your recommendation and will see how it goes! Thank you for the info!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Got Oscar a few days ago, would love help understanding what i can fix DryWallProspector 5 204 09-22-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  OSCAR Metrics Feedback/Adjustments? JasonBL 3 242 08-15-2024, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 55 6,611 08-08-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: kewlpewl
  I'd love a review of my data and/or advice, esp. re. waking up at night danielsomers 7 1,054 08-06-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] Oscar data feedback please? smsharma47 1 202 07-23-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  iNAP feedback? barney999 1 228 07-21-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 77 8,222 07-13-2024, 09:44 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.