Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Only english language after I upgraded to Oscar 1.5.2
Only english language after I upgraded to Oscar 1.5.2
Hi,

After I upgraded Oscar software to latest version 1.5.2 I see only English language option in the change language menu. Any advise?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Only english language after I upgraded to Oscar 1.5.2
See this thread for info on solving this issue:

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ly-English

This is for fixing the Linux translations.

Let us know if this works for you.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Problem solved. 

There are some titles still in English in the Statistics but it is not a problem.

The reporting period is xx days between ... and ...
Database has xx days of CPAP Data, between .... and ....
Post Reply Post Reply
Do to an oversight, the Linux versions of OSCAR will not display the contents in the Help → About OSCAR screen and Language Files.  This does not affect the operation of OSCAR, just the display of the text in these screens.  Also, this only pertains to the Linux versions only, and not the Windows or Mac versions.  If you wish to see these missing items, I have provided steps to restore them and are listed below.

If any Linux OSCAR user wishes to see the contents of the "Help → About OSCAR", or needs a language other than English, try one of the following commands.

Code:
sudo touch /usr/share/OSCAR/Translations/oscar_qt_fr.qm

-  If the above returns with an error, "No such file or directory", try the following command:
Code:
sudo touch /usr/local/share/OSCAR/Translations/oscar_qt_fr.qm

-  or  -

I have made a bash script to do this for you as well. Here is the download link:
Download FixAbout.sh.tar.gz

To run this script, in a terminal window and in the directory you have downloaded this script, use the following command:
Code:
sudo ./FixAbout.sh

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar 1.5.2 only English? Ital Thai 2 523 03-20-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Ital Thai
  Language setup magborges 5 1,554 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: leono85
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Crashes when Changing the Language hisaotsu 7 1,328 11-29-2023, 05:42 AM
Last Post: hisaotsu
  BMC GII SD Card English Language file phenomejohn 30 5,707 09-24-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Norrie570
  How can I change the language on A10 from French to English gmd1942 3 2,496 02-07-2022, 10:43 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Language kevin117 5 980 08-07-2021, 08:53 AM
Last Post: kevin117
  Set German AutoSet to English? Gideon 2 727 09-23-2020, 04:15 AM
Last Post: multicast

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.