Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No OSCAR Data Recorded to SD Card for Two Days
No OSCAR Data Recorded to SD Card for Two Days
For some reason, out of the blue, my original equipment ResMed SD card stopped recording OSCAR data. 
This has happened two nights in a row. The card is unlocked as always and was fully inserted into the machine overnight. 

I'm going to give it one more night before I take any action, but could the card be full? It has roughly 4 years of data recorded, but I thought OSCAR would overwrite the oldest files when needed. I suppose the card could be faulty and maybe I should just go ahead and format a new one. I have no reason to worry about previous sleep sessions other than for comparison and curiosity. 

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What was your resolution? 
Thanks.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No OSCAR Data Recorded to SD Card for Two Days
It's really easy to tell if it's full. If you have a Mac, just put it in the card reader, right click on it, click Get Info. It will show you the Capacity and the amount Available. If it's 90% or more, it's time to get another card. From what I can see, Oscar retains the data.

With Windows, it's similar, it's Properties. There are plenty of sites that explain how to see your card.
Post Reply Post Reply
souldog666 has a good idea.  Two other ideas; First, the write-protect tab could be positioned just enough that the CPAP senses it.  Or two, the card has gone bad (not unusual).  To add another test while performing souldog666's suggestion, try writing or copying a file (any type - just small) to see if it will allow writing to it. This test will test the card for its ability to work.  Just remember to erase the file when finished.  Since most new inexpensive SD readers no longer have the write-protect sensor switch, this will not be a valid test for the write-protect tab being out of position.

Since your question is center more around software, I have moved it to the Software Support Forum.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, lo and behold after some fiddling around with the card, it is showing the data from last night in OSCAR. 
I have a feeling that the stupid lock/unlock switch wasn't completely unlocked.  Oh-jeez

After flicking the switch back and forth a few times just for good measure, I tried it again and last night's data was there. So we'll see if it was that or some other weirdness. I habitually check the stupid switch before inserting it into my computer or CPAP machine. I understand the reason for it, but I wish it wasn't there. 

Anyway, all seems normal again, and we'll see what happens tomorrow morning. 
Thanks, red and souldogg666.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
That tab is nothing more than a piece of plastic. It is not physically connected to anything. You can remove it, so the only way to lock the card is to put a piece of tape over the tab area. Other than a Resmed S9, no one needs to lock the card.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 11 3,316 09-04-2024, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Reggie5489
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 3 1,286 09-03-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  Error message SD Card download to OSCAR April 2 121 08-21-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: April
  CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR SpO2Res 14 3,004 08-17-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: BetterWorld
  SD card not recording data for Oscar kadcpap 4 265 08-07-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  Toshiba FlashAir SD Card, Mac (M2), OSCAR Setup Help WarDaddy427 0 175 08-07-2024, 03:25 AM
Last Post: WarDaddy427
  Can 2 different days data be put side by side to compare ? SeePak 7 330 08-06-2024, 02:37 PM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.