Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where do the data flags come from?
Question 
Where do the data flags come from?
Setting the stage, in one of my other posts, I noted that the OTHER (unnamed) site flagged CA with the F&P Sleepstyle Auto, where OSCAR did not.  I was SET STRAIGHT (gently) that OSCAR was where the development was, and that the CA flag would be in the next version of OSCAR.

As it is a F&P proprietary "feature, the SensAwake flag must be generated by the F&P Sleepstyle Auto and is passed in the data.

From this I infer some flags are passed in the data, and other flags are derived by OSCAR. Some machines provide more data than other machines.   I assume most, if not all of those additional flags exist in that particular machine's data.

Where I'm going with this...

I occasionally exhibit patterns that look a lot like (and may very well be) Cheyne-Stokes patterns.  Oscar flags these as a combination of OA and H events; the OTHER site flags the same patterns as CA and Hypopnea events. SensAwake flags are not present.

Now I wonder what flags are derived, and which are embedded in the data.  Of course, that varies by machine.

Down to specifics, does the F&P Sleepstyle Auto detect and pass Cheyene-Stokes flags, or whether it is (or something that another machine would flag), or whether that analysis and flag can be derived?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where do the data flags come from?
First, the use of the term, "Cheyene-Stokes" is more appropriately called periodic breathing. The reason the "other" site is displaying CA data is because the OSCAR team has rewritten the code for the upcoming release, and the other site downloaded it from the OSCAR repository.

"Why be original when you can copy someone else's work."

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjust Wellvue Ring O2 and Pulse Flags on OSCAR? RainyDog 1 293 06-23-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 605 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 2,107 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  OSCAR code and event flags? PeaceLoveAndPizza 0 665 12-12-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Controlling Viatom Event flags SKPC 2 835 05-02-2022, 05:58 PM
Last Post: kappa
  Clone Event Flags Graph does not work in 1.3.0 & 1.3.1 machapelle 0 700 02-04-2022, 10:32 PM
Last Post: machapelle
  Caution flags about Dreem company and my Dreem 2 use 2SleepBetta 7 2,432 11-19-2021, 02:07 AM
Last Post: selfcoacher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.