Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events?
OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events?
I'm a new CPAP user of about a month. I took a lofta test and had AHI of 7 but RDI of 17. 

On CPAP, so far my AHI is usually 2 or less, but my AHI doesn't always seem to correlate all that well with how I feel the next day. Two nights ago I had an AHI of .52 but felt like I didn't sleep that well at all. By contrast, last night I had an AHI of 1.68 but felt fairly well rested. In general, I haven't felt any eureka moment yet and I still feel like I'm not sleeping solidly through the night, perhaps because my body is getting used to CPAP. 

I am also concerned that part of the issue is I may still be experiencing a lot of RERAs that are not being effectively addressed. So far I have been slowly ramping up my minimum pressure in hopes of addressing this possible issue while keeping the max pressure relatively low due to fear of leaks and pressure swings waking me up.

I'd appreciate help in determining whether OAs that are flagged are in fact actually OAs. Most nights there are few OAs flagged, but others there are a fair handful, last night included. However when I look at the flow rate some of them look like I had an arousal BEFORE the flow rate dropped off, so it isn't clear to me they are actually OAs. The first attached image is an example. By contrast, the second attached image looks more like a legit OA? 

I'm also attaching a zoomed out image of last night. I can also add an image of the night prior (when I didn't feel well rested despite the lower AHI) if helpful. In addition to my specific question about the OAs, I'd appreciate any suggestions about possible pressure modifications or any other suggestions based on the data. Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events?
Welcome to the forum Santino, those are valid OA events. I'd need to see the whole chart zoomed in so I could scan it (SleepHQ lets us do that) to confirm if you have reras unflagged in there, but for now you need to raise your min pressure to 8cm and raise max pressure to 11cm, you can leave EPR on @ 3 for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events?
Thanks! Good to know about the OAs. I can give those pressure settings a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure thing! Could you please try the new settings tonight before bed for 30 minutes or so to see how they feel?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 6 291 2 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oscar data - first 3 nights Pugilist555 1 39 3 hours ago
  OSCAR Data Review Mcca21 4 166 7 hours ago
  Newbie: CA events alangrima 3 124 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: alangrima
  Oscar Data gohoos1998 3 182 09-24-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 18 669 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: citrus1
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 42 1,891 09-24-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: alemon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.