Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR data backup strategy
OSCAR data backup strategy
Do you do anything special to backup your data? There's a saying that data is the new gold, and I definitely don't want to lose my sleep gold.

Right now I have my OSCAR save folder set to `/Users/my-username/Documents/OSCAR_Data`. It seems like the data imported from my SD card gets saved to this directory. 

Do I need to make backups of my SD card? Or is this OSCAR save folder enough? I have regular backups of my whole laptop, so the OSCAR save folder is already included in these backups.

Also, let's say my SD card gets corrupted and it needs to be re-formatted by the CPAP machine. And the CPAP machine starts recording a few night's worth of new data. It seems like OSCAR is pretty smart software. Is OSCAR smart enough to import only new data from the SD card and combine it with the existing OSCAR data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR data backup strategy
Because SD cards can go bad in a heartbeat, I recommend that you make a backup to a dedicated directory on your PC.  OSCAR does not back up all files on your SD card.  However, the Resmed 10 will store the summary data for 365 days, 30 sessions of high-resolution flow, and 30 days for detailed data.  I would assume the 11 series will do the same thing.  Both machines require the SD card to be in the machine while it's in n use in order to store the detailed sleep data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR data backup strategy
I've done the same as Crimson Nape.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar only shoe summary data BlueSky1958 1 64 09-13-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  uploading data to oscar nachumj 5 204 09-11-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50F data won't load to OSCAR SpO2Res 14 3,116 08-17-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: BetterWorld
  SD card not recording data for Oscar kadcpap 4 299 08-07-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  Syncing Oscar data folder between computers Stefanyshyn 2 289 07-29-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Stefanyshyn
  OSCAR Backup-journal function does not export any data (days)? DozyLamb 0 172 07-22-2024, 05:13 AM
Last Post: DozyLamb
  OSCAR - anyway to get data from NightShift into OSCAR please? dannahaz 10 1,532 06-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: dannahaz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.